Best gas for gsr

GSRawe

ca86108 said:
id love to put higher octane in my gsr id love it.. but im broke as a MOTHER FUCKER.... i got like 30 to spend a WEEEK on anything. and i gotta commute from school and back so i got no choice but to put cheap gas.. i hate it nooooooooo
if your so broke, stop spendin money on mods, your car's fine the way it is, and in a couple of years when you have money, you can buy modifications instead of buying engine work... ya kno?

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
Chuckie Finster said:
Prolonged use of inadequte octane can result in, but is not limited, to spun bearings. When the low octane rating of the fuel is unable to resist detonation or pre-ignition with the high static compression ratio of the B18C1, the force of the igniting air/fuel mixture is diverted onto the piston before the optimal amount of crankshaft rotation is achieved (usu. ~15º ATDC). This causes large amounts of pressure to be applied to the rod bearing(s) which can deform the round uniform shape of the bearing 'causing lubrication and cooling problems and balancing/clearance issues as your engine slowly comes spiraling down from VTEC-kingdom with every damaging crank rotation afterwards...a slow long death as that little motor waits for its day to come when the bearing finally seizes up and punches a hole in the side of the block. Then...then there the motor will take its last breaths, dripping its lifeblood (that's the oil) away on the pavement as it tries to get back up with every crank of the starter, peering into the distance of the Mustang just past but seeing nothing...the little engine cannot lose...it cannot lose...no, it's over. :twisted:

Okay, okay. Maybe not as graphic as that description but take care of your car. Run the right octane for your car--whatever the number really is. ;)

HAHAHAHA OMG THATS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!

note:I dont think that would happen anytime soon though. not just by using piss water alone anyway.

PogKai

B20VTEC
you can try like 2 gallons of 93 and then the rest of 89.. it's kind of ghetto but seems to work a bit.

ca86108

i modded like crazy before... but im out of a job some no mod money only money for food and gas.........but o well.. ill guess ill keep driving on the cheap octane let live iwth it lol

dc2nr

i run a supercharger gsr at 10-11psi

i need to run higher octane then 91 as the manual stated.

my friend owns a civic hx that runs off of 82 ish, for him to put 93 octane on his civic is pointless. use whatever the manual says unless have modified the compression of the motor, or running a more aggressive cam, last but not least boosting is the same as increasing compression, i believe its 1:1 for every 3psi. but im no rocket scientist.

slikk

Money Getter
latindc2 said:
Whoa some of u guys use 89??? poor motor... :shock:

whats wrong with using 89? .. i am a poor man with a stock 90LS

Black_GS

Trust me ..u will feel the difference ..between the 94 and the 89..octane.

TegSox said:
Using a higher octane rating than is required for your engine is pointless. The octane rating of gas is simply a measure of its resistance to detonation, not a rating of the quality of the gas itself. The quality of the gas can be found in the name of the gas station you buy the gas from.

dc2nr

because like stated before, u need more resistance to detonation to get the hp the car was designed to make, and if u keep using lower resistance gas u can cause damage to your motor.

Black94LS

Anti Rice, Yet anti JDM
inferno said:
Could you use 89 and then add an octane booster every time you fill up?
dumbest thing ive ever heard. pay the 2 dollars more to fill it, instead of the 5dollar octane booster./

inferno

That was the dumbest thing you ever heard?

Anyway, octane booster is only 3 bucks. I do not know how rich you are, but a couple bucks is a lot for me. A coupla bucks a week equals lots of bucks a year.