Best intake for a 2-Dr 99 Integ..

maluskeeter

Whats the best intake system for a 99 integra??

i was lookin at the v2 aem air intake, but that thing is so expensive is it actually worth it...
or should i just get a cheaper intake and will i get the same results??

-----
VISIT: www.geocities.com/maluskeeter

Nd4sped

The AEM V2 is a great system....They claim to make more hp than eny other system through out the entire rpm range. Plus it also come sCARB EO compliant..Thats where the eztra $ comes from..CARB compliance.

maluskeeter

is there an other intake thats cheaper that comes with carb compliance?? (i dont know exactly what that means))

Sti

weather its a short ram or a cold air u can't go wrong with an AEM plus there legal

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
What part of the powerband are you looking to build up? In a nutshell...

If your going for low end/midrange, get a cold air intake.
If your going for high end, get a short ram.
If you don't know, get the Comptech or the Mugen Icebox intake.They're the most expensive, but give you the benefits of BOTH a cold air and a short ram.

What brand CAI/SRI to get? That's up to you. I do recommend getting a K&N filter for whatever brand you get. They're still the undisputed champ in that area. AEM's do come with a K&N, by the way.

integrals06

personally.......ive heard injen makes some top of the line stuff

ca86108

me n my frends both have gsr's ... he got a injen cai and i got aem,... personally i think INJEN is better. reason being is that shit is LOUD as fuck, louder than an exhaust... when u floor ur car damnnn that thing roars, my aem intake sounds loud but more whistleish... its still nice.. but they got damn near the same power gains it depends on the loudness.... LOUD = injen moderate sound = AEM

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
There is no best intake, there is only what intake is best for your particular setup. What part of the powerband are you looking to build up? In a nutshell...

If your going for low end/midrange, get a cold air intake.
If your going for high end, get a short ram.
If you don't know, get the Comptech or the Mugen Icebox intake.They're the most expensive, but give you the benefits of BOTH a cold air and a short ram.

What brand CAI/SRI to get? That's up to you. I do recommend getting a K&N filter for whatever brand you get.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
When I asked where he wants his powerband to be, I was basically asking which section of the rpm range is he aiming to build up the most. You want all of your mods to be concentrating on building up the same secion of the rpm range, or they'll just end up working against each other and you won't make anywhere near the power you expected, and you could even lose power. Actually, I misspoke in that sentence, I meant to ask what part of the rpm range is he looking to build up, not what part of the powerband. The part of the rpm range he builds up WILL BE his powerband.

Last edited: