Best intake for a 2-Dr 99 Integ..

DownShift96GSR

MoJoJoJo said:
AEM & Injen Popular Brands; Trusted in performance, looks and quality.
Yeah true that. Powerband is what part of the RPM range your power is, i think??? (I'm off in la la land right now, so please, bare with me). GSR's powerband is the top end or high RPM range. Low end is the low RPM range which is where the GSR lacks power cuz of its muscular top end. I hope I'm sayin all this right, those damn pills the doctor prescribed me make me feel all coo-koo.

Todd

token ex-mod
the difference between a $300 intake and a $30 intake is 1-2 hp.... buy a cheap sri or cai and put the extra $100+ twords something that will make more of a difference

Todd

token ex-mod
for example:
Steve Sakai's 12 sec. et all motor ITR with stock short ram & K&N - nothing fancy but it worked.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
its just wat you want; and wat your willing to pay for the quality. You Get What You Pay For, you can get a AEM SRI for as low as 80bucks, or V2 for as much as 250-300 bucks i got mine for 280 w/ tax & Install i still think its a lil high but i kno i wont have any regrets later on, lifetime warranty dont have to worry if it breaks or watever might happen.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
i dont think i want it to be really loud; i'm more concern on how it peforms. I had to choose from the Injen & AEM V2 CAI; and i went with the V2, Injen is good but one thing that bothers me is that it doesnt performs as well under stressful conditions. the Injen gets hot quicker than the AEM V2, dont get me wrong all intakes get hot under long term and stressful conditions but AEM V2 performs a lil better under harsh conditions. i'm installing my V2 on friday, i'ma post install pics and maybe even a sound clip

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
If you didn't want a loud intake, then getting the V2 may have been a mistake. I used to have an AEM CAI (the origional style), and it was louder than my Apexi WS exhaust. I don't know for sure if the V2 is as loud, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be. The origional AEM CAI is a notoriously loud intake. Iv'e since switched to a Comptech Icebox because:
1. It's quieter, which personally, I prefer.
2. I'm building a high rpm powerband location, and the Icebox is a better fit for that particular goal than the AEM CAI. The Icebox flows better at high rpm's than a cold air intake.
Short ram intakes, in general, flow better at high rpm's than a cold air intake. But of course, a cold air owns over a short ram at take-off and lower speeds.

Last edited:

gunnersmatevls

Injen

I have an injen shorty and I love it. It gives awesome performance and u can really feel the power in the mid to upper rpm range. It also sounds bad ass. I got mine for $180 brand new. BUY ONE!