Best kind of Acura ?

pinkley

b@115D33p
lmao, I was joking. I always poke fun when someone says tranny instead of tran's
I know your pickin Nig! :lol:
That's the country boy in me talking! I live in a redneck farm town in MO with a whopping 3400 population. Haha! Jacked up Chevys and ragged out hot rods all around me. Very few tuners around these parts.

Kyle

Exactly

The RS and the Type R are the lightest shells, i wold take a Type R for the racing pedigree, while keepig it stock. The RS would be a track car, lightest base=the fastest. I believe the GSR is the heaviest as i think the motor weights slightly more and the GSR has all the optional extras that the LS didnt have standard ie wing etc.
But the weight difference is still not THAT much different.

DC 1994 Acura Integra GS-R Coupe MT 2667
DC 1994 Acura Integra LS Coupe MT 2643
DC 1994 Acura Integra RS Coupe MT 2529
DC 1998 Acura Integra Type-R MT 2577
1993 Honda Civic VX HB MT 2094<--thats light

A carbon fiber hatch/hood and stripped out interior in an LS or GSR would bring you pretty dam close to the weight of a RS. Do you really think you will feel that extra 138lbs of difference between a GSR and a RS? (I'm being serious here not a smart ass) You'd be much better off buying a 93 Civic VX and throwing a H series or something in it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Each 100lbs you take out of the car is reflected on average about .3 seconds on a drag strip. This is multiplied if taken to a road racing circuit. There is a reason Formula 1 cars take on enough fuel to get them through the race and back to parkferme with 1 liter of fuel, any more and the car will be too heavy any less and they wont make it to the end of the race.

So yes you can feel the car more, you can feel the car respond differently without back seats or gutting the rear out. Put in a 140lb sub box in your trunk drive around for a while and take it out, you will feel a difference

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Each 100lbs you take out of the car is reflected on average about .3 seconds on a drag strip. This is multiplied if taken to a road racing circuit. There is a reason Formula 1 cars take on enough fuel to get them through the race and back to parkferme with 1 liter of fuel, any more and the car will be too heavy any less and they wont make it to the end of the race.

So yes you can feel the car more, you can feel the car respond differently without back seats or gutting the rear out. Put in a 140lb sub box in your trunk drive around for a while and take it out, you will feel a difference
I think it's closer to a 10th, maybe more if it's off of the front end

pinkley

b@115D33p
I've been carpooling with a new kid here lately and I can tell a difference in my car when he's not with me. He's like 6'2" 220+