best question ever

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
The other day, I read on MLIA about what would happen if Pinnochio said his nose was going to grow. I'm a bagger at a grocery store, and I asked a few customers what would happen. Within minutes, half the store was trying to figure it out, and my manager even got on the intercom to ask if anyone could answer it. MLIA

my question stems from the MLIA above^. if pinnochio said his nose was going to grow would it? I think it would grow because, even though hes telling the truth that his nose can and will in fact grow when he tells a lie, when his nose didnt grow because he was telling the truth, it would suddenly be a lie making his nose grow.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
^see... but im starting to think that his nose will go back down after it grows because it will become truth again

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
well... i think something happens... it just shrinks again... and then grows again...

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
of course it makes a sound... all a sound is is waves of air moving at certain frequencies... just because it isnt heard doesnt mean it isnt there

Joshmmc

Does it count as a "sound" though, if there isn't an ear to hear it? We only call moving air waves "sounds" because of the way our ear allows us as people to interpret them. Without an ear present, perhaps it is moving air waves, but not necessarily a "sound" . . . . . .

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
^that makes sense... so i guess it doenst make a sound.. but it does make a pressure wave still

99Teggy

Rapid Volvo Tuned
Does it count as a "sound" though, if there isn't an ear to hear it? We only call moving air waves "sounds" because of the way our ear allows us as people to interpret them. Without an ear present, perhaps it is moving air waves, but not necessarily a "sound" . . . . . .
yep like SPACE..
i remember when i was a kid i saw that old cartoon GUNDAM they had robots and what not blowing up with huge nuclear sounding explosions in space..
theres no air in space
nothing to be heard...