BigMac88's Running Log - 1997 Touge/Track GSR

red.line

Thanks! Yeah I think I'm gonna polish them and repaint the VC maybe :D What wheels are you getting?
Pretty set on the Rota Track R's.
Yeah, yeah, boo fake wheels. I love the Racing Hart CPR's but sadly are not baller enough to pay for the real deal haha. :(

Last edited:

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Went out to Buttonwillow for some laps on Saturday. The new setup (thank you S.Drives) plus all the extra practice I've had in the past six months has shaved nearly 13 seconds off of my times. I went from a 2:29.4xx on Dunlop Direzza DZ101 to 2:17.38x on the S.Drives. I should be able to hit 2:16's or maybe lower before I switch to AD08's. Then I'm looking at sub 2:10's before I need more power :D

Here are a few snaps from the pits:

Snapped an alternator belt. The pit truck made a run to the local Autozone in between sessions; we got it fixed without missing a single lap! That's me up top, my friend Steve underneath, and our friend Brandy.

My friend Carl

Last edited:

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Action shots (sorry for the water marks, I'm still in-process of buying the official copies):

Porsche chasedown! I passed him a few turns later :D

Post-pass :D

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
RPF1's FTMFW!!

I would love to get my car setup for track and run some laps, but we have no track here :(

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
RPF1's FTMFW!!

I would love to get my car setup for track and run some laps, but we have no track here :(
Hell yeah! Those RPF-01's are wrapped in Neova AD08's :D His car is setup awesomely. I'm sorry you don't have any tracks :( maybe there are some a few hours from you? I live about two hours from Buttonwillow.

Nice pics Nick! Congrats on hitting the 2:17.xxx range! :clap:
Thank you sir! I'm truly shooting for 2:16's or as low as I can get on the S.Drives. Then maybe 2:10's (or under) on AD08's!

Matt, I'll throw the GSR motor back together ASAP. See if you can hook up a USDM core support and a stock mount braket. After that, all you need is coilovers, subframe brace, rear sway and tires to get Destiny track-capable! Oh and some new brake fluid. I have extra rear LCA's w/ Energy bushings for now until/if you choose to upgrade.

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
Hell yeah! Those RPF-01's are wrapped in Neova AD08's :D His car is setup awesomely. I'm sorry you don't have any tracks :( maybe there are some a few hours from you? I live about two hours from Buttonwillow.
They have AutoX events in Moncton New Brunswick, but they have them.. of all days to pick, on Wednesdays, that and it's a hour and a half drive and a toll bridge that costs $42.50 to cross (just google confederation bridge on that one) other then that, there's one event each year near me, but it's a sanctioned event for the club that races in NB

-other then that, there is a small oval near me, but... really who wants to race on an oval :lol: and a few off road tracks

so my RPF1's aren't getting used to their full potential lol

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
nice pics, shit like this motivates me to finish the 4dr for buttonwillow. one of these days... :thumbs up

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Looks like you had a blast Nick. I sure hope I can go to my track someday.
You should definitely try it one day. Tracking and racing on a regular basis isn't for everyone, but it's a damn fun experience to have at least once or twice. *WARNING* You'll probably get as addicted as I am though haha. Also, the Integra makes a great starting point - enough power to get the job done but not enough to get you in trouble, and one hell of a suspension capability.

yayer!!!!!!! i wanna do buttonwillow soon
Yooos must come this summer!!!

They have AutoX events in Moncton New Brunswick, but they have them.. of all days to pick, on Wednesdays, that and it's a hour and a half drive and a toll bridge that costs $42.50 to cross (just google confederation bridge on that one) other then that, there's one event each year near me, but it's a sanctioned event for the club that races in NB

-other then that, there is a small oval near me, but... really who wants to race on an oval :lol: and a few off road tracks

so my RPF1's aren't getting used to their full potential lol
:( You could make a rally 'teg? Rally is the most epic form of driving anyway.

bad ass! dude whens the next one im down to go!
DOOOOOOODD!!! Do it! Streets of Willow on May 1st. We will be there. You should definitely come if you can; it's $140 and totally worth it. SOW it's the best first-time track ever. It's like a giant canyon that you can double-lane haha.

nice pics, shit like this motivates me to finish the 4dr for buttonwillow. one of these days... :thumbs up
When that shit's done hit me and Matt up; we will have an uber 'teg fest at Buttonwillow and trounce on some German cars :twisted:

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Matt, I'll throw the GSR motor back together ASAP. See if you can hook up a USDM core support and a stock mount braket. After that, all you need is coilovers, subframe brace, rear sway and tires to get Destiny track-capable! Oh and some new brake fluid. I have extra rear LCA's w/ Energy bushings for now until/if you choose to upgrade.
Hey man, I really appreciate it. I'm sure I can get those parts no problem. I can't wait to go back to Buttonwillow! :drive:

I see you holding it down against the J's Racing S2000 Nick. :thumbs up

Last edited: