Boxy's Beautiful Build Thread

Army74D

gtavila_
It's metal tape, but I know haha I had to make do! What's Bondo? Just some compound or like adhesive or something? I'll google it :p
I did try rubbing, and then I tried buffing and everything, nothing works! Idk I'll try a little more, if not I'll just touch it up.
EDIT: Found out what Bondo is, I'll pick some up tomorrow, thanks! :)

That paint, is it meant to be outside on cars, and like weather resistant and all that? I don't want to spray it on just to see it kill the rest of the good paint around it haha. And how well is well for matching? :p

Yeah idk it must not be OEM then.

Ooh alright, so I guess it isn't OEM. Oh well, I can deal with it. And yeah the car was in an accident, but it's got a clean title.
I had found a thread on Honda-Tech about that paint.. I PMed the guy and he sent me this that shows results on his teg.. http://imgur.com/a/paoSR
He painted the side skirts, mirrors and side mouldings, so look at the comparison for yourself. that 1406 paint I told you about is what he used. Of course you'd still have to prep the plastic with wet sanding, adhesive promoter, primer for plastic, clear coat, etc..

Boxy

The brighter green cluster bulbs look nice ;thumbs up
Thank you! :)

Cluster looks great :thumbs up Baby does need some works, plenty of time though :)
Muffler doesnt look OEM to me either, were the front AND rear hit? Crash history of the car?
You could use a spark plug wire cover :thumbs up Can't wait to see where you go with it!
I don't know haha it might have been! I just remember this car sitting in my cousin's workplace warehouse with a red parts car like 4 years ago. Even back then I was like, I want a car like that! Lucky me eh? But I guess it might have been in a rear ender too, because the rear is a 94 even though the car is a 00 GS (technically RS since it's Canadian). I also know the roof was taken out and replaced, I distinctly remember the original car having a sunroof 4 years ago. Seats are different and everything too, he did quite a bit of fixing up. Muffler prob isn't OEM.

And I saw your spark plug cover thread! I really want one, but my dad cut off all funds for my car, I need to get a job haha.

where'd you get the pea shooter :)))))
Clean start, hit that rust before it gets to late though
What do you mean by the pea shooter? :O And yeah I'll fix it soon as I get some money to get some Bondo + paint!

I had found a thread on Honda-Tech about that paint.. I PMed the guy and he sent me this that shows results on his teg.. http://imgur.com/a/paoSR
He painted the side skirts, mirrors and side mouldings, so look at the comparison for yourself. that 1406 paint I told you about is what he used. Of course you'd still have to prep the plastic with wet sanding, adhesive promoter, primer for plastic, clear coat, etc..
Yeah it'll be a big job even to paint just a small area, it'll have to be when I get some money in the summer haha. And the picture link doesn't work! Maybe imgur is down or something.

Boxy

Yeah they do! And wow I cannot tell the difference, except a little bit on the side skirts!

So question, if I were to use this paint could I just wet sand, use any primer, and use any clearcoat? Or do they HAVE to be a primer/clearcoat for Honda vehicles? Cause my dad has a primer laying around downstairs :p And is clearcoat before or after the VSM paint?

And here's the interior after I went ahead and removed just about everything from inside:

It's going to be a huge pain in the ass to get everything back after I finish wiring for my under the dash neons, but my mom won't let me do anything until AP exams are over (I have one tomorrow and one on Wednesday). She says I need to "relax" before the exams.

Last edited:

SLOW94

Looks like a good project, remember when its all said an done build it the way u want it an as long as it makes you happy, cant wait to see the outcome!

Boxy

good luck on your ap exams.
i remember ap calc ab/bc in highschool was a b****
Haha yeah, next year is gonna be fun, taking 6 APs :/
All I'm taking this year is AP US Gov (took it today) and AP Lang and Comp (tomorrow).

Looks like a good project, remember when its all said an done build it the way u want it an as long as it makes you happy, cant wait to see the outcome!
Yeah that's what I'm gonna do :p I can't decide on lowering springs though! Skunk2 or Tein S Techs? Some guy on craigslist is selling Skunk2s for 100, but idk if that's good with OEM shocks D:

Army74D

gtavila_
Yeah they do! And wow I cannot tell the difference, except a little bit on the side skirts!

So question, if I were to use this paint could I just wet sand, use any primer, and use any clearcoat? Or do they HAVE to be a primer/clearcoat for Honda vehicles? Cause my dad has a primer laying around downstairs :p And is clearcoat before or after the VSM paint?
adhesive promoter>Primer>Base coat (silver in our case)>clear coat.
As for your question about he primer, just make sure that it bonds to what you'll be painting. i.e Rubber/Plastic primer for side view mirrors, side mouldings, side skirts, etc.

You can find set by step painting instructions all over the web by doing a quick google search. Just be careful, painting is easy to f up.

Boxy

adhesive promoter>Primer>Base coat (silver in our case)>clear coat.
As for your question about he primer, just make sure that it bonds to what you'll be painting. i.e Rubber/Plastic primer for side view mirrors, side mouldings, side skirts, etc.

You can find set by step painting instructions all over the web by doing a quick google search. Just be careful, painting is easy to f up.
It's a primer for plastic and rubber so I guess I'm good! I'll get on this project soon, my dads kinda being stingy about the money. We're not the richest people so even me having a car is a privilege. He thinks getting the car from my cousin was a bad idea 'cause now I'm constantly needing money for it. Grr if only I could get a job :/

Anyways, my cousin sent me the rims today! I'll have pics up of them soon. Probably going to take it to a tire shop to put on my BF Goodrich KDWs (I only have a pair for the front, 205/50/16) and keep the current ones on for the back. Next year when my family's hopefully in a better financial position I'll get a set of four sexy tires.

Boxy

Alright so I got pictures of my rims! Praise and insults welcome :p

Like 20 layers of plastic wrap courtesy of my cousin:

BF Goodrich KDWs, I have a pair that are gonna go on the front rims. I'll leave the back ones on, their treads are still like 4-5/32.

SLOW94

Wheels look nice soon il get me some 16"s, well anyways if you were to put lowering springs shocks should hold up for awhile till you get some money to buy some new struts :)

Boxy

Awesome, put em on!!!!!!!! MSRs right?
Yessir! They sure are MSRs, I'll get them on during the weekend. Gonna buy some new lug nuts too, the ones on the winters are rusted and ugly haha. Nothing too flashy, my budget is like 10 bucks :/

Wheels look nice soon il get me some 16"s, well anyways if you were to put lowering springs shocks should hold up for awhile till you get some money to buy some new struts :)
Haha thanks! And oh so if I got these Skunk2 Lowering Springs for 100 (brand new from some guy on craigslist) it wouldn't blow my OEM shocks? Roads here are pretty trecherous :/ They do repairs in summer though.

SLOW94

Yessir! They sure are MSRs, I'll get them on during the weekend. Gonna buy some new lug nuts too, the ones on the winters are rusted and ugly haha. Nothing too flashy, my budget is like 10 bucks :/

Haha thanks! And oh so if I got these Skunk2 Lowering Springs for 100 (brand new from some guy on craigslist) it wouldn't blow my OEM shocks? Roads here are pretty trecherous :/ They do repairs in summer though.
It should hold up fine as long ad there the lowering springs and not coilovers, lowering springs would probably give it about a 1.75 in drop so shouldnt hurt them

Boxy

It should hold up fine as long ad there the lowering springs and not coilovers, lowering springs would probably give it about a 1.75 in drop so shouldnt hurt them
Oh sweet! Alright well I'll have to text this guy about the lowering springs then :p
And damnit autozone doesn't have the shark attack II antenna, idk why I thought it would. Anyone know of a cheap replacement for an S2K type antenna?