Boxy's Beautiful Build Thread

samilp

Sam P
its been raining for the past 3 days here too. so much wind we had a "branch" fall in my back yard
i feel ya, i cant get in through one of my drive ways cause the ramp is too steep. lol my roomate's zx300 has the same problem lol

notice the chair

Boxy

its been raining for the past 3 days here too. so much wind we had a "branch" fall in my back yard
i feel ya, i cant get in through one of my drive ways cause the ramp is too steep. lol my roomate's zx300 has the same problem lol

notice the chair
Oh wow that sucks! We haven't had any winds, thank god! But we've literally been under Flood warning/watch for the past month. The waterfront in downtown is all flooded :/

Boxy

^I considered that. Then I realized that I'm only 16, and I'm probably not going to make huge engine mods to the car. Current plans are just an AEM SRI, an exhaust, and slam that bitch. I'm making it a nice DD, nothing more, nothing less.

Boxy

It's too costly to get a manual swap (labor), and I sure as hell ain't doing it myself, too risky.

With that money I could get some nice Recaros and juice up my interior a bit :)
Not to mention a nice lip kit and some nice HIDs etc etc. Manual swap is probably only gonna happen if I score a really, really nice deal.

brilla46

i swapped my auto ls 4dr to a 5 speed and let me tell you it was a pain in the a** to do but its worth and age doesnt matter im 19 & have a 3 yr old daughter so just think about doing the swap you will learn a lot from it so dont let age stop you and a 5 speed is more fun to drive so correct me anyone if i am wrong on anything

brilla46

It's too costly to get a manual swap (labor), and I sure as hell ain't doing it myself, too risky.

With that money I could get some nice Recaros and juice up my interior a bit :)
Not to mention a nice lip kit and some nice HIDs etc etc. Manual swap is probably only gonna happen if I score a really, really nice deal.
try to find a smashed ls,rs,gs or somthing like that, thats what i did i picked a smashed ls up for $300

Boxy

I know I could probably do it with sufficient time and the right instructions, but I just don't have the proper tools and stuff. I'd have to first buy all the different tools (my car jacks are crap, etc) and then go about doing it. I just feel like I could do other stuff with all that money rather than do a swap.

And by the age thing, I meant I'm only 16, I have a lot of time left in my life. I'll obviously get a manual when I start actually working and stuff. But for the time being, with no bankroll I'm better off not doing the swap.

Boxy

Update time!

I finally got around to fixing up the scratches and booboos my car has. I went out and bought a Duplicolor 2in1 scratch repair kit. It came with 3 2000 Grit sanding pads, Bondo-type putty (for chips and dings), clear coat touch up, primer touch up, and a polishing compound for restoring after sanding/clearcoat.

Anyways, it's pretty shitty outside and damp, so I decided to just wet sand for today.

Here are some pics:

Remember those nasty black scars my passenger side front bumper had? No more!

My dad recently scuffed up the passenger side rear, I wet sanded it (the black that's left is cause my dad rubbed off my paint :(

And lastly, passenger side near the wheel was screwed up too, so I wet sanded that:

I also did various small scratches and areas on the roof, near the door handles and gas lid, but didn't bother taking pictures :p

More to come tomorrow!

Boxy

Awesome work so far man, keep it up. And I know how ya feel about no income. It sucks.
Thanks! And yeah aha being 16 sucks doesn't it? :p

Anyways, I decided to keep going with the body work in my garage since it started pouring outside. Hopefully I don't die from the fumes of putty and primer :/

Here are some pics of a few chips and areas that needed to have putty put on:

I actually finished priming them too, but I didn't bother taking pics. It's basically the same, except sanded down and light gray. Tomorrow I need to apply the base coat, and wet sand AGAIN. Wet sanding is by far the most tedious process ever designed!
And then once THAT's done, I get to clear coat it. Whoopie!

On a better note, while waiting for that putty to dry I decided to use a 3M headlight restoring kit I had laying around!

Sooo shiny and clear!

I didn't know stock bulbs were so bright, the garage is open and daylight's shining in, along with the garage light. I was pleasantly surprised!

Boxy

Got three coats of base coat on before the 1/2oz OEM Touch up paint bottle died.

Here are some pics of it now, I'll clearcoat it in an hour or two and then wet sand that baby tomorrow and finally polish.

And just for lulz, my sister patched a polka-dotted heart on my seat 'cause it had a tear:

I also filled my A/C, finally blows cold air again <3 Perfect for 70%+ humidity and temp in the 80s!
But whenever my A/C is on, white smoke comes out of the exhaust, not a lot, but a little. Is that normal?

Boxy

Updates!
I decided she needed a nice wash and wax since I hadn't cleaned her up in awhile sooo here are some pics :D

Mm shiny black moldings and side skirts + shiny black wheels.

Look at that reflection! :D

No biggy