Bumps keep blowing fuse

Holy_Chit

The fuse for the cigarette ligher, interior lights, and clock keeps blowing everytime i go over a bump and doing that causes my trunk open light to turn on. any suggestions as to what wires or components i should check to ensure theyre grounded properly?

enoch723

I bet you have an aftermarket stereo. Its the first thing I check when someone brings me their car with a similar issue. Most the time its simply from the blue amp wire that then dont cap because they dont think about it. But I have seen the two rear speakers ran ran off the same output as the two front and not capped.

If it isnt that then your just gunna have to look at all the ends. Wire isnt going to short out in the middle of the car unless someone is an idiot and moved the wiring. Check behind the fuse box under the dash, behind the cigarette lighter, trunk light, your main grounds, maybe even your main in line fuses

Muckman

Not a M0derator
There has to be a bare wire that is moving around and shorts out when it touches something metal. Which wire, I have no idea.