Car Care/Detailing Thread

R13

The other asshole
Both of mine have drywall dust in them from the addition :lol:

That’s not a bad price for a dedicated car dryer :lol:

R13

The other asshole
I meant the point of me buying it is to dry a car with it and not get it dirty like my other two.

Did you think I wasn’t talking about a leaf blower when I said turbine blower? :lol:

It’s just a type of high output leaf blower :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Wtf is that thing?

I might use that to dry a mini bike, couldn’t do shit with that on a car :rolf:

The worx is big enough to actually dry a car with :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
That was just the first one I seen on amazon :lol: There’s other, more expensive ones like the Metro Sidekick that always gets good reviews, but that little bastard is pushing $100

Also just seen that the chemical guys is nothing but a blatant knockoff of something else that’s half the price... Go figure :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Only seems like the Chemical guys do that shit. Mothers, Meguiars, Griots, etc all have their own products, but they not clearly a knockoff of something else.

Like Meguiars’ MT300 polisher is made by a legit company for them rather than being a rebranded or knockoff item.... I just couldn’t afford the fucker so I ended up with the TorqX, which works damn good for what I paid :lol:

R13

The other asshole
I wish I had bought the HF polisher, everyone says it’s better than the porter cable and I paid more for it :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I was going to, but I’ve read that you need a better backing plate and pads.

After buying three different pads and a good backing plate, it would’ve come out only like $20 or $30 cheaper than the TorqX I got on sale.... And that came with two different backing plates, I think 5 different pads, three microfibers, a bottle pad lubricant and a bottle of pad cleaner. . :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.

One on the right. The back of the bottle says something like it helps keep your compound on the pad from drying out so there’s less friction (heat), and you don’t run the risk of dry buffing and potentially fucking up the paint.

Besides the bit that leaked out during shipping, the bottle is still full :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
TIL: Fuck black magic tire shine.

Got some on a wheel on the mustang, melted the fucking plastidip.

Shit must have petroleum in it, it’s greasy like it might be.