Car died on me..

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Well my car died on me today while going to my classes, I got to a shitty part on the road which caused me to scrape bad and then the car just shut off on me like nothing. I was sure it was sure it was my distributor since I checked for spark and got nothing. I bought one with the help of my job and still nothing. I set the engine to TDC to make sure the mark of the distributor would work. Then I realized I was getting no fuel pressure reading on my gauge, cracked open my banjo bolt and then put the key in the II position, fuel didn't squirt out at all. So I have no fuel or spark, surely it sounds like a main relay issue since it wasn't clicking and the CEL stayed on once the key is in the II position. Nope, swapped main relays with a buddy of mine's Integra, STILL nothing. I even put my main relay into his Integra and it started just fine. So I'm pooped on what it could be.. Maybe it's the fuel pump? I also tried a different ECU and check the 15A fuse under the hood and it's fine. I put in a new secondary o2 sensor for my test pipe with the CEL eliminator, it's a little tall so it kind of hits the swap bar but I have an OBD1 ECU so it shouldn't even be looking for it..

Sent from my iPhone 2g

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
My fuel pump went out a month ago on my IS300. I checked the ohm resistance with a multi meter and it wasnt within oem specs. If you check yours, and its outside the oem specs, it is bad. You can also check it by jumping it from the battery, but i wouldnt recommend it.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I don't hear anything, no clicks or what not. I have all the symptoms of a bad main relay. No 2 clicks after putting the key in the 2 position and the CEL staying on but it's fine. I really think it's the fuel pump but I didn't want to mess with it or check to see if it's working so I left it at my job to let the master tech work on it. If it is, I just told them to order me a Walbro 255 fuel pump if it was that, one thing off of my turbo build list.. :lol:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Where's Muckman? He's always right about these things.. We should have a "contact Muckman" ad on this site and let us email him our problems. :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Nick & Muck are the ultimate integra problem solving team.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Right!
You could be like "my car is overheating at idle, whats wrong?"
Them:"tighten down your rear brake caliper bracket bolts"
Your car: "Damn, they right" and it fixes itself :rolf:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Nick_C78

Does it crank? How are your grounds? What about the ground on the transmission? What are the battery voltage readings?

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Cranks; did not check the grounds or the battery voltage.. Didn't think to even check the battery voltage because it would still turn over no matter how many times I tried. I was afraid to flood the engine so I stopped doing cranking it till I realized that I wasn't even getting fuel. It just randomly shut off on me lol

Sent from my iPhone 2g

R13

The other asshole
Since he left it at work for the tech to look at it I assume he won't have any of that information other than it cranking.

Which is why I said this thread is useless. :mrgreen:

Edit: Bingo^

Nick_C78

I am betting a sensor came unplugged or ground came off. Think about it. You hit a bump and it all shut off

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Lol what sensor or ground can cause all of this? I can verify that almost all my grounds are plugged in, except the transmission ground but the other mechanic helping saw that it looked fine, I just didn't visually see it. All my sensor looked hooked up, I didn't notice that my secondary o2 sensor was bent from the impact so I disconnected it and took it off, not sure if it did anything because it still wouldnt fire

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Wow, that sounds like a possibility. And I thought I knew my car inside and out :roll:

Sent from my iPhone 2g