Car stalls at idle - need suggestions please.

72Spitfire

Hey all, I have a problem thats been driving me crazy. Car keeps stalling and or wanting to stall at idle. Only when it is at running temperature. No issues when it's cold. I have to feather the throttle at stop lights. It has a lightened flywheel but I don't think thats causing my problem. Replaced MAP sensor and this did not help. Cleaned IACV valve which was filthy and re-installed, not a change at all. I know it could be alternator but the alternator is brand new. Gas is clean and fresh. New plugs, wires, cap and button. Throws no CEL, runs great other than the low idle / stall problem and gets stellar gas mileage (32 to 34 mpg.) Timing is correct. Engine has 490 miles on a fresh OEM rebuild. Valves need adjustment as they are noisy, but still seating. It's weird, it will idle down to about 1K for about 2 seconds, then drops to 500 or so and either catches itself and idles up to 1000 again or stalls.
Fuel vaporization issue?
Fuel pressure issue?
Vacuum leak?
Any other ideas?

72Spitfire

Forgot to mention it has a chipped P-75 running a B20 base map. I have 2 ECU's, have tried both and the low idle /stall issue occurs with both of them, so I don't think it's a tuning issue.

bassm

I have the same problem and found out it was a vacuum leak. It's only done it a few times so I haven't bothered to get it fixed yet.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
mine did it beause of a valve lash problem. did an adjustment and it was perfect

codyb209

My b20 did that too, is the idle set correct? mine wasnt, turned it up and now is fine..My car used to die at the stop after dropping to low RPMs

IntgraTurbopres

Are both of the ecus you have tried using a B20 map on a P75 ECU ?

If so then your running a B20 map and your car is a LS wouldnt the computer think the timing is wrong since your using a b20 map along with a P75 LS ecu ? Differences in the B20 and P75 ecus ? Just an idea