Car Stuttering on initial acceleration

Noneed2Hate

Hey guys most of you know I just recently had a manual swap done to my car.

Now when I go into first gear and start accelerating, the car will start to stutter a bit. It will accelerate and then stop, accelerate and stop, it will do this for about 4-6 times. Not completely stopping or stalling, but it get's into a cycle I suppose.

Any other information you guys need?

I am not sure exactly what this is, whether it's user error or not (first manual car) and so far the only bad thing that's happened out of it is me freaking out a little.

Thanks!

Noneed2Hate

like a tune-up more or less with new injectors etc? I should look into doing that. :/

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
remember valve adjustments HAVE to be done when the head is <100F. I do them after the car has been sitting over night. For a B18B the tools are simple feeler gauges that can be bought anywhere and a 10mm wrench with a flat head. B18C needs a tappet lock nut wrench and angled feeler gauges.

streetkid

A full tuneup if not done for a while is worth it.

I did a tune up on my car when I bought it with 130k miles, but I skipped cap and rotor.

Around 165k I had some pretty serious random misfiring.

I did a full tuneup again this time including cap and rotor.

My old rotor was in bad bad shape. My car today runs better than ever. Moral of the story, don't overlook certain tuneup parts because you think they won't make a difference.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
lol get an OEM cap and rotor, NGK BKR5e-11 plugs i think are coper v power with the LS heat range and just get some good ol ngk plugs.

TRUST ME oem cap and rotor makes a huge difference vs other shit.

Noneed2Hate

Okay got the kit, anything I should be aware of when installing the fresh components (other than the wiring order for the spark plugs or w/e)

Installed everything except for the new rotor because the screw was stripping badly and I didn't have a replacement on hand, also haven't done the fuel filter yet

Last edited: