car under water HELP!!!

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
pulled the ecu and let it dry today. Started like a champ and the CEL went away. Drove her home extra slow, water was still coming out of the exhaust along with quite a bit of steam but she made it.

my 93da

YORK COLLEGE??? i saw a pic of that my friend had, and first thing i said was "Poor Teggy" :( Good luck with getting her well again!

ben h

Banned
should of took hood off anf turned cai upside down so it acted like a snorcle and would of been good

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
should of took hood off anf turned cai upside down so it acted like a snorcle and would of been good

but even if he stopped his exhaust will get water and possibly hydro lock the motor

ive noticed the dodge neon was able to move..... should have been the neon under water instead of a teggy :(

Last edited:

ben h

Banned
but even if he stopped his exhaust will get water and possibly hydro lock the motor

ive noticed the dodge neon was able to move..... should have been the neon under water instead of a teggy :(
its not that if u stop u could sit in the same spot all day its just u need exahust coming out to push the water out
kinda like when i did this

i made sure i didnt let off the gas and i kept the front end up ;)

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
it reminded me of this guy

[YOUTUBE="submarine"]s5euSjOBYQY[/YOUTUBE]

DOLCECULLO

Detailer

When the neon drove out is when I decided to try and drive the teg out and failed miserably

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
YORK COLLEGE??? i saw a pic of that my friend had, and first thing i said was "Poor Teggy" :( Good luck with getting her well again!
Yup York College, we pay thousands of dollars a semester to drive through a damn creek, deal with half as many parking spots as there are cars, and apparently if we do get there early enough for a spot it goes underwater. Yay for higher education!!

but it's ok, I made the News...twice

Prozon

Kris
Twice eh? That's something to be proud of.

Regardless if it's all dried out it wouldn't hurt to clean your carpets really well. Pull the ECU and let it dry. Drain the oil out and put new oil in. An oil change never hurts. You could put some fuel treatment in to be safe.

As for starting it / running it in water.. it really shouldn't hurt anything unless the intake is under water. I've put my truck through deeper water than that lol. I've had my entire exhaust under water and full. You start it up and it sprays water lol.

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
Twice eh? That's something to be proud of.

Regardless if it's all dried out it wouldn't hurt to clean your carpets really well. Pull the ECU and let it dry. Drain the oil out and put new oil in. An oil change never hurts. You could put some fuel treatment in to be safe.

As for starting it / running it in water.. it really shouldn't hurt anything unless the intake is under water. I've put my truck through deeper water than that lol. I've had my entire exhaust under water and full. You start it up and it sprays water lol.
I cleaned all the carpets the same day to try and get the dirty water smell out as much as possible, and I have an appt. for inspection tuesday so the oil will get changed then. And I know what you mean about your truck, I've had the front end of my jeep almost completely under water didn't miss a beat. Gotta love a 4.0 haha

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
its not that if u stop u could sit in the same spot all day its just u need exahust coming out to push the water out

i made sure i didnt let off the gas and i kept the front end up ;)
yes sir thats what i ment by stopping....i dont think a normal person will stop but keep the foot on the gas lmao :D