car under water HELP!!!

TeggySG

Perhaps the main efi relay?

Also, what about the distributor components? Cap, ICM, etc?

On a side note, I've heard of people putting cell phones in rice after dropping them in water in order to dry the phone out. My friend tried it, and her phone turned right on. Two suggestions from that statement. Perhaps you could place the ECU in a bowl of rice, or sit your car in a rice field overnight.

^Last paragraph was a joke, btw. lol. Though I am curious if the rice trick would work on the ECU. Doubt it, but then again, I thought a car couldn't drive underwater until I saw that youtube clip in this thread XD.

Good luck dude. Sorry about your car. Mine took a crap on me as well. It soft kills every 15 mins or so of driving.

Just remember- it could have been worse.

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
Perhaps the main efi relay?

Also, what about the distributor components? Cap, ICM, etc?

On a side note, I've heard of people putting cell phones in rice after dropping them in water in order to dry the phone out. My friend tried it, and her phone turned right on. Two suggestions from that statement. Perhaps you could place the ECU in a bowl of rice, or sit your car in a rice field overnight.

^Last paragraph was a joke, btw. lol. Though I am curious if the rice trick would work on the ECU. Doubt it, but then again, I thought a car couldn't drive underwater until I saw that youtube clip in this thread XD.

Good luck dude. Sorry about your car. Mine took a crap on me as well. It soft kills every 15 mins or so of driving.

Just remember- it could have been worse.
I took the cap off and it was bone dry, nothing on the upper end of the motor got wet. I let the ecu sit a couple hours and blew it out with an air hose. Worked like a charm

Rich-PMS

Fuck trying to fix it, dude our car was flooded. Couple months of corrosion and your cars electric system will be fucked.

I'd talk to the school, and demand a new vehicle. They have insurance for this kind of shit.

Go talk to a lawyer. Seems like that parkinglot is on a HUGE slant, nght be "out of code" per building/grading specs.

You're wasting your time trying to fix this car.