carbon fiber roofs

NOFX

hater
91Integracer said:
waste of money IMO
Everything is a waste of money to someone.

This isn't nearly the waste of money that supercharging a D16Y7 is. :lol: (And yes, we've seen it before... at least Eran knew someone with it.)

NOFX

hater
I'd imagine you could cut a hole for it (well, have a qualified shop do it), but I'm not sure how nice it would look, particularly when opened since the metal panel slopes into the moonroof. Plus 3G Integras have spoiler style moonroofs, and I'm sure there's a *chance* it cuold rub or catch and cause damage since the roof would be a little higher.

MidniteFreedom

glad i dont got a sun roof on my car =P lol. that looks very cool. must not buy it! must save money for a new car gahh!!

sonicvybe

new driver
"Once installed you can not tell that it is a cap. All the edges roll into the stock gutters and windshield molding. Manufactured using the highest quality materials with our famous manufacturing processes"

no weight savings = pointless IMO
now if it meant ripping off the top and puttin it on that makes sense
the point is to save weight and lower the center of gravity right..unless u wanna imitate a lower center of gravity but seems rather expensive way to imitate it...imo :???:

not tryin to hate..jus statin a point..btw wats the most carbon anyone seen on an integra,....neva seen one with doors and all yet

NOFX

hater
The point on race cars is to save weight. The point of it on tuner cars can be to save weigh or it can be for looks. Though many trends on tuner cars are influenced by race cars, it is rarely for the same reason.

It also would not be safe to have a full cf roof with no other protection.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Think she means the real CF roof, not the overlay.Real meaning remove the metal and put the CF in its place. A real CF roof could never withstand a roll over.

NOFX

hater
:werd: Moonroofs honestly are dangerous enough (though keeping yoru seatbelt helps you from falling out through it), but a cf roof that cracks and peels off the car... I'd imagine all kind of stuff could stab you through the cage if you had one. It's less likely when the hole is the sze of a moonroof as compared with being the entire roof section (I'd also imagine this could make the front and rear glass pop out easily too).

sonicvybe

new driver
NOFX said:
:werd: Moonroofs honestly are dangerous enough (though keeping yoru seatbelt helps you from falling out through it), but a cf roof that cracks and peels off the car... I'd imagine all kind of stuff could stab you through the cage if you had one. It's less likely when the hole is the sze of a moonroof as compared with being the entire roof section (I'd also imagine this could make the front and rear glass pop out easily too).
well the borders could be metal...and then the rest of the roof panel could be replaced with CF...i remember they said it was like 4 layers of CF for the roof piece...maybe this is stronger than just a single or double layer when it comes to cracking and splintering..the extra layers might provide that splinter protection...just like how windshields are made to reduce shattering in an accident..

maybe the metal frame could remain with a 1-2 inch border and still hold the windshield in place...whats to say an s2000 open/CF roof isnt as dangerous..even with a roll cage...it should be relatively safe...rollcages only help prevent you getting crushed...if a 20 foot spear is coming at you (like in final destination 2) i dont think glass metal or CF will help... :twisted: jk..haha