Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

dopematic

Damn!!! I've been gone for hella long and I missed hella shit. Lol new front end. New monstrous motor. Paint job. Baller!!! Looking great btw

Nick_C78

Thanks guys.

It was recently decided to make some dash plates out of ABS plastic sheeting. The process sounded easy in theory. Just cut some plastic sheeting and mold it with a heat gun. It was a little more difficult than that, but here is the end result.

Nick_C78

During the last event the brake fluid was boiled pretty bad. It is probably due to driver error, but in order to help combat the issue the pads and fluid have been upgraded. For the pads it was decided to go with Hawk DTC 60 and Toque RT700 for the fluid. Both have pretty good reviews from fellow drivers.

We have been talking about getting rid of the Prothane Rear Trailing Arm bushings for quite some time now. A lot of more experienced drivers have said that the prothanes cause snap oversteer over bumps and upsets the car very easily. The car had these very symptoms so it was time to make the move over to PCI Spherical RTA bushings. The PCI bushing, not only being spherical which eliminates deflection, but also has the shaft offset to allow for more stability and to make the car more predictable. Hopefully this is true and helps make the car easier to drive.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Went out to Chuckwalla yesterday for some fun in the sun. It was my first time out there and I will be going back for sure. The day was filled with a lot of driving mistakes, but going to this track really showed what I should be working on. Walked away with a 2:10, which leaves plenty of room for improvement.

When we arrived at the track we threw on the gurney flap that has been in the garage for months.

Here are the videos from yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TkvaLEkoGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaicCAFrbTc

jbrown97ls

Looks like s blast! Is that a lot of traffic or are events usually that busy? Your car looks tough as shit now. Also, I'm sure it was just the stabilization of the video, but at 20 seconds in on the first video it looked like your steering wheel vibrated like hell, haha. Tripped me out for a second.

Nick_C78

Thanks man. The video I posted was the clearest track I had all day. Extremespeed events always have a lot of cars on track at the same time. I need to get a better mounting system or use some rubber around the bar to absorb some vibration.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Tracking looks like fun but I would never take my car onto one. Maybe one day in the future I'll build a car for track use :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Extreme speed is always packed, speed SF is pretty open, NCRC has tons of free space for some reason. Depends on who you go with

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I can't believe you risked driving around that Subaru, idk man that looked pretty gutsy in a stupid way.

Nick_C78

I can't believe you risked driving around that Subaru, idk man that looked pretty gutsy in a stupid way.
I slowed down, analyzed the situation and went. It was around a down hill semi blind corner. I wasn't about to stop and get rear ended.