Coilovers for Track/autocross

bitsq

Hey guys,

I just purchased a completely stock 97 integra ls with the intention to have it as my track car. I'm planning to do upgrades slowly and see and feel how each part changes the car. First up on the list is a new set of coilovers. This car will be driven to and from track (and autocross) events only and not dd. What do you guys recommend coilover wise in the under $1000 range - anyone using D2 coils?

My DD is a g35 coupe which i've tracked it a few times - the integra is just a much better (and much cheaper) option to track day fun

bitsq

gc spring rate is set at 380/280 (correct me if i'm wrong) isn't this too soft for a track setup?

BugJuice

gc spring rate is set at 380/280 (correct me if i'm wrong) isn't this too soft for a track setup?
o.o id like to know the answer for that as well...even though you can do custom spring rates for gc coilover sleeves

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Koni Yellow with the SSP3 (or something along those lines) valving, and a GC setup to match that.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Koni Yellow with the SSP3 (or something along those lines) valving, and a GC setup to match that.
you can also get the valving for the koni yellow to go with a more aggressive spring rate. Either way you will have to go through koni for this

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
This thread is right on topic with something ive been thinking about lately. I have the koni yellow neuspeed race sp3 setup but ive been wanting to go coilover for easily adjustable ride height. However, i like my neuspeed race springs so if i get the gc's will they feel the same? And will i be better off with even spring rates or less in the back the way they are now? How will the ride change from how it is currently? Im fine with how it is on the street now, plan to do some track days eventually on this set up but need to decide how i want to balance it out.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Not sure of your spring rate, but i would suggest a 8/6 k set up for your vehicle. Its a more geared towards dd and occasional track use. You could do a 10/8 k set up thats a tad stiffer. But nothing over that.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Everytime someone mentions Neuspeed, it brings me back to 2003 when I first started to modify my CB7. I don't anyone who buys their s*** anymore.
Youngin! ^^ My first set of neuspeed race springs was on my eg in 97 and i loved how they drove. Bought a full koni neuspeed sp3 set up when i bought the gsr in 04. Ill probably try out some stiffer rates when i get the gc coilovers. Just worried that it'll be significantly stiffer and i wont like how it drives on the street anymore.

But yeah, where did they go anyway? lol