Cold air intake, what about hydrolock?

hen92

I have the bottom have for the dyi icebox if you need it.... your really only paying for the comptech name for their icebox.. I bought mine soon after I hydro-locked but it was my fault.... drained 4 cups of water out of my block! only reason I went with comptech is cause of name and I love the look of it over dyi..

you have the what?

OLDSKOOLACURA

Dont drive through deep puddles.
+354. i've never had one, but from everyone i've talked to says your fine as long as you don't go thru a big puddle. when it's raining out it won't get in there, but if you drive thru a puddle and it submerges then it will suck up water. i belive there are ones out there that have a safty trigger so if they do get submerged it opens another valve and sucks air in from higher up the tube so it won't suck in any water. then when it gets outta the water it starts working normaly again.

The Panch

The Homie
does little water affect cai? for example today i washed my car..and i looked under that car and noticed some of the run off from the fender was dripping on the filter to the cia....i didnt wanna drive the car..

should i be worried?

not drive when raning?

or its only if it sucks huge amounts of water

OLDSKOOLACURA

does little water affect cai? for example today i washed my car..and i looked under that car and noticed some of the run off from the fender was dripping on the filter to the cia....i didnt wanna drive the car..

should i be worried?

not drive when raning?

or its only if it sucks huge amounts of water
a few drops wont hurt the car, it will just evaporate and go out the exhaust. it's when you get alot all at once is when you can kiss your motor goodbye.

how the hell is the run off from the fender getting on the cai?

Last edited:

The Panch

The Homie
look at my build lol. you know where the water goes in..it runs down the hood and goes between the fender and hood.. drips on the filter

OLDSKOOLACURA

look at my build lol. you know where the water goes in..it runs down the hood and goes between the fender and hood.. drips on the filter
ok i got yea..lol, the way you said it i thought it was dripping down the outside of the fender and getting on the filter, i was like WTF where the hell is your filter at...lmao

The Panch

The Homie
And that was just a car wash. i could only imagine a rainy day... i was shit terrified to try those automatic carwashes i sadi fuck that

OLDSKOOLACURA

And that was just a car wash. i could only imagine a rainy day... i was shit terrified to try those automatic carwashes i sadi fuck that
when it's raining and your moving the water gets pushed back away from the intake. when you wash the car it is just sitting there and runs off. i have a idea next time it rains take a piece of paper and tape it around your intake (it will still get air) and take it for a little drive, then when you get home look to see how wet the paper got. do you have the fender liner in? (prob not, i fucking hate those thing)

speedin

The Transporter
Dont drive through deep puddles.
That and leave the fender liner in. I mean thats all there is to it. Really you dont even NEED the finder liner, its just extra protection from splash off the tire. But really if you dont take your car swimming its not going to hydrolock.

Theres another solution. DIY Ice Box :thumbs up
Thats a nice option as well!

hen92

Does anyone know what i can use instead of a 2 7/8 speaker port tube for the icebox?? preferably something easier to find.