Daddy Built Racing's "Quest for 10s part 2" build thread

95B18BTurbo

Sounds great and I hear you on the keeping it deal. I get thrown offers for mine all the time and when I tell them it would take $15k to pry the keys from my hand they look at me retarded! It would be like selling off my child, if I actually had one!

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
1/17/14: Well looky what showed up today!!! I am so excited to get this thing in my car this weekend.

Some things I have to say about this shifter just from the few minutes I have owned it. First it comes packaged greatly, rather than being in a box bouncing around. Secondly it's heavier than any B series shifter I have felt. I think this has to do with the quality of the piece. I'll report back with how it feels driving after I get it installed

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I already love it haha. I have wanted one of these for over a year now and finally got my hands on one.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
2/7/14: Time to start replacing 20 year old bushings on the ol' girl. Started by picking up a set of Hard Race compliance bushings for a good price. More parts coming next week.

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Thanks! I got a few more things in store for it before I can officially call it done.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I have been buying suspension parts recently to replace the worn out 20 year old ones I have currently. Front lower control arm bushings have been on the agenda for a while, I really wanted some King Pin bushings, but they just weren't in my budget at the time. I was then going to just replace the bushings by themselves with some Hard Race bushings, but then I came across a company called J2 Engineering. They offer aftermarket aluminum control arms with poly urethane bushings already installed in them. The price wasn't much of a difference so I decided to go ahead and give them a try.

The arms arrived today and from what I can physically see right now, the quality is pretty nice. We will find out soon enough if they fit properly and how nice of bushing they used.

Last edited:

OneFastGSR

Definately looks nice, I'll be watching for review

When are you getting a 3 piece front end? Lol

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I thought about a 3 piece front end, but I don't think I will ever get one honestly. I like to keep this car a street car and with a fiberglass front end I would be scared of getting hit and having to replace it. In the back of my mind I have an EG hatch build for a straight out drag car, but I also have ideas of a 40-50's pickup truck, old muscle car build, ect...

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Yeah, I am really surprised/happy with how they look. Now if the bushing quality matches I will be even happier!

2/13/14: What's better than new parts arriving in the mail? New parts arriving in the mail a day earlier than expected!!! I ordered a set of God Speed rear camber kits the other day and today they showed up. Before anyone bashes my decision to go with "an ebay company" I don't wanna hear it haha

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Looking good man! And I almost wish I didn't see that k-tuned bseries shifter. I forgot they made that for our cars too...Well, there goes another $150. hahah