Daddy Built Racing's "Quest for 10s part 2" build thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
2/14/14: Well the last part I was waiting on arrived today. The valve springs I currently have in my engine aren't a stiff enough rate to support my cams. I would rather be safe than sorry, so I ordered a set of 85lb SuperTech to replace them with.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
2/14/14: well the last part i was waiting on arrived today. The valve springs i currently have in my engine aren't a stiff enough rate to support my cams. I would rather be safe than sorry, so i ordered a set of 85lb supertech to replace them with.

nice!

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Well I scheduled my tune date, March 17th. I am going with a different tuner this year, nothing personal against my last one, just want to change it up a bit. The car will be dyno'd on a dynapack, anxious to see what sort of numbers it puts down once it's all said and done finally. I'll report back afterwards with results.

96LSteg

Jemel
this is true since he's going from a dynojet to dyne packs

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I can still compare dyno numbers, all I have to do is do a pull on my current tune on their dyno and see how big of diference there is between the Dyno Dynamics and the Dynapak. I will just be happy to finally have it done once and for all. I have never had more than 24psi in this car and that only lasted 2 weeks before the old motor let loose.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Yes thats true. Put down a baseline with old tune first and then you can make the new tuner earn his pay!

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I will just be happy to finally have it done once and for all. I have never had more than 24psi in this car and that only lasted 2 weeks before the old motor let loose.
I know the feeling! Ive yet to make it through a full summer with a single engine! Maybe 2014 will be our year!

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha lets hope! I am tired of building and breaking stuff. I want to enjoy the car this year. Our track opens up March 31st, my goal is to be there racing, I will be doing 1/8 mile just to get a feel for the car, but still it'll be racing. I haven't been on the track in this car in 19 months now :(

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
3/9/14: I finally got around to installing the front lower control arms that I picked up. They are a lot lighter than the factory units, I didn't get them on a scale but if I had to guess, I would say they are a good 3-4 lbs lighter than the factory ones, just as advertised. The installation was pretty easy, a rubber mallet and screw driver go a long way when installing these. The hardest part was getting the strut fork to go over the bushing, but it wasn't too bad.