DB7ish '98 LS Build

94RS

No fucks given.
I have blue Muteki SR35's on mine, and I wish I had gotten just the plain chrome ones. First time I put them on (with the provided sockets), they chipped on the edges.

They claim that they're anodized, but I've never seen any hard coat anodize chip that easily... And I work for an industrial plating company :lol:

DB7ish

Well, want to finish painting my wheels white this weekend. After that I might pick up some cans of Emerald Green Pearl, which is the closest Duplicolor paint I found to Cypress Green Pearl, and paint the front bumper. It's just too many colors now with the white rims, black bumper, and green body. I'm going to take my time with it, sand the bumper down real good, prime it, spray it green, and clear coat it. I mean, I don't care if its not perfect or if the shade is a bit off, it should still look better than rocking the black bumper. I'll probably do like 2 or 3 coats of primer, 3 or 4 of green, and like 4 gloss coats.

Besides that I also want to sand down the roof a bit and spray gloss on it. It looks perfect in the rain, but when its dry the clear coat is all messed up, and looks faded, dried out, and cracked. Once I'm done with that. I might try to finish my black and tan interior. Still want to paint my interior pillar trim panels. And I also need to find a black airbag.

I'll post some pics later today of the white rim installed.

Oh, another thing I want to do is get some 205/50 tires and finally install my rear Tein lowering springs. I mean, I love the rake look I have going on now, but I think it would look a lot better a little lowered, especially if I finally get my Si-Vtec lip (which I'll probably do around the same time).

Last edited:

DB7ish

Well, got 1 more wheel done this weekend. Could have probably finished them but there was a drift event on Saturday and then I went to the beach on Sunday. I should have them all done by next week though. As always, the 2nd one came out better because not only was it was in better condition to start with, but I also put more effort into the prep work and had a better idea of what I was doing when I was spraying (it's been a year since I sprayed some wheels). I might just sand down and respray the first one later on.

I also went ahead and ordered the SI-Vtec lip, and some extended blue lug nuts. I'm going to try to install my Tein lowering springs in the rear by the end of the week, paint my rims by Monday, and then the parts should all be here next week. I'm not sure when I'll spray my bumper though. I'll have to take it off and its take a while to sand it down, but I might just go ahead and try to get it done before the SI-Vtec lip gets here. I'll be painting it Emerald Green Pearl, which will probably be a shade or two off, but I don't really care. Should look better than the black one. It's just too much going on with the green body, black bumper, and white rims now. The purple tints also don't help much.

Here was the first one done.

Emerald Green Pearl Duplicolor Spray Paint.

Love the white rim, blue lug nut look.

Can't wait to paint my bumper and get my Si-Vtec lip on.

Last edited:

DB7ish

I'm also going to get some clear corners with chrome amber bulbs, because I think they look better on a green car and better match my white setup.

94RS

No fucks given.
Love the white rim, blue lug nut look.

Shitty picture, filthy wheel, but you get the idea :lol:

Another crap picture from about a month ago :thumbs up

DB7ish

True. I mean I like the ambers, they give it more of a stock Honda look. I actually had the choice of either one when I bought my bumper from someone on craigslist and I went with ambers, but I think I want to switch it up for a bit. It would be sweet to have both and just be able to switch up whenever I wanted.

^^^Damn, that looks awesome. Did you custom make those center caps? I wouldn't mind having a set of those.

94RS

No fucks given.
Home Depot center caps (knock out plugs) and vinyl decals from eBay, It cost me a whole $15 :lol:

DB7ish

Sweet, I was thinking of buying an extra set of center caps and painting them, or trying some of those stickers out. Thanks for the tip.

DB7ish

K, thanks again. I think I might try out a blue background with white Acura logo if that's possible.