Detailed My Friends 350Z Yesterday

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah i remember them changing valet companies, the whole place is just becoming a nightmare with all the new management -_- ive been going to that shop since i was like 5 years old, my dads been a tech there for like 16-17 years now
There's no way I can say it without an innuendo.... Who's your daddy? :naughty: lol

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
daaamn drive on over to cali by saturday.. were having a wash/detail day and you could give us pointers :mrgreen:

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
daaamn drive on over to cali by saturday.. were having a wash/detail day and you could give us pointers :mrgreen:
haha thanks man, i havent been to cali in years. Went over there for over 2 weeks and had a blast. It took me over 3 hours to do this car and most of that time was spent on the outide lol inside wasnt so bad but that outisde was terrible. Next time i do a car im going to take before pics

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Do you have a cheap suggestion or alternative for cleaning a leather steering wheel? Warm water, soap and damn cloth perhaps? I previously used a turtle wax product for vinyl and leather that worked well but no longer have it for some reason and did not see anything except turtle wax F21 at autozone which doesnt specify the fabrics it can be used on other than optimized for modern materials. I have to be cheap about it at the moment otherwise id just buy something decent.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
what we use is a type of AP (all purpose) cleaner and then we use a leather conditioner but the majority of cleaners and chemicals we get are from a detailing/chemical supplier. Some of the stuff we use though is by "Mothers" they make good products. I know they make a cleaner/conditioner for leather and other surfaces. You can get it at auto zone, advanced auto and ect. I think its like $8-$10. You can get some armour all wipes and wipe it down really good and then spray the Mothers into a cloth and wipe it down really good and work it into the steering wheel. Dont use plain warm water and soap. IDK what type of soap you were talking about but most soap is too harsh cause of the chemicals and detergent and isnt a good idea for cleaning your leather or car with. I at least wouldnt ever do that lol if youre looking for a good wax too try Mothers reflections advanced wax, we use it for black cars.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Ill probably look for another all purpose cleaner then. The two waxes I was looking at on a budget was a $10 bottle of mothers wax or meguiars gold class for $13. For the water and soap I was gonna use dish washing liquid but just the foam. Of course I was going to research it's use on leather beforehand, hence why I asked. I used this combo to spot clean my cloth seats but of course different materials require different care.

natt2000

for apc, i like megs apc. works wonders. would claying and polishing not do the same thing as an acid wash? for trim i like using perl. it gives that super clean brand new rubber look without being shiny cheap looking.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Polishing wouldnt do the same thing as an acid bath bacause polishing doesnt get the impurities and dirt ect out of the paint. The acid bath is used when a cars exterior is very very rough, it helps break up all the impurities to make the car a bit more smooth and make claying easier. I only give a car an acid bath when i really really have to because like i said it can fuck the paint up and burn it too.

ssbp dc2

We get all of our products through a company called auto magic. There chems are awesome!

Sent from the moon...