DIY: Polished wheels

Gix_916

I have a question on this now as well... my rims are in pretty banged up shape... im not sure if my wheels are clearcoated or not... but im gunna wet sand the hell out of them soon... and wanted to polish them.... should i put clearcoat on them before i polish them? Or polish then clear coat? Or how should i go about that.....

I dont want my rims to rust or get messed up with road salt this winter... so any advice on that?

Here is what my wheels look like.... pretty banged up and pitted.... difinitely gunna take some time fixin them up.... Thanks in advance~

-Corey

Here is the wheel.

i would say use aircraft paint stripper the spray on like talstrip. then go to town with 60grit on the lip of rim and any deep scratched rashes, and work ur way up to 150 then to 320-500-750-1000+ wet sand when u get to the finer ones i did that i kinda jumped around went for 60- to 150 -320 -750 -2000 needa find my 1000 grit i also mixed a lil extra fine steelwool helped a lil bit before i 2000 gritd mine

Cman46290

awesome... thanks guys... i plan on trying this this weekend.... at least try to get a couple wheels done :)

Tok1nT3g

FOOLY MATIC
i have y meshes and polished them to a real nice finish using a buffer with polishing pads on it, it got ride off my clear coat and no fine scratches//

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
What ive been doin. and yes i know they are sratched. im not done. just all i did 2day.
Before

During

Almost done

94rs-gharp

i have a quesion will bead/sandblasting eliminate the first 6 Steps where i will only needa finish with a high grit i.e. 2000? then obviously polish and buff

Dfrederick2nd

Just Playing The Game
i just used aircraft paint stripper on my fat 5s and polished them and they came out good n shiny

Dfrederick2nd

Just Playing The Game
so if i sand my fat 5s is anyone sure it wont turn out bad considering the fat 5s have a texture to them compared to the blades ? cause im wanting to make them look better since its gonna be atleast a month before i can pay the 450 bux for the tires i want

Alvi84

Works just the same. Here is a pic of my Fat 5's polished and I used similar steps mentioned above. I'm addicted to polishing rims now.

Fat 5's I did

Rota Slipstreams I did

LS Meshies I'm working on - so many creveses to get into :(

Pics of my blades