DIY: Polished wheels

db8_Joe

Dang mine are lookin pretty bad again. Ima do mine next weekend. Last time I used 2000 grit wet sanded and it looked really nice Ima try mothers polish instead of this random one I have at home lol!

Only thing I really hate is the time and elbow grease used for the shine.

dc2_99

831eg693906
damn the Blades came out good. nice job man..

Sammich

So i went and did this cuz only one of my blades was dull so tell me what did i do wrong LOL
Started with this

This after 1500 :(

This after i put mother polish.
also looks like you have flat spots (stayed on one spot sanding for longer than you were suppose to)

sonsintegra

Looks really good. You should now re-clear coat the rims. It would be ashamed to do all that work only to have them exposed to bad weather, salt on roads, ect.... Whth nothing on the for protection it will be only a matter of time.

My son and I just finished redoing our FAT FIVES. After getting them polished we sprayed some adhesion promoter on them and followed that up with high temp clear coat. They will now stay good looking for a long time to come.

Daybid

Dump or Die.
so i dont necessarily need to aircraft remove my clear coat ? id rather not have those random blobs haha

Cman46290

I have a question on this now as well... my rims are in pretty banged up shape... im not sure if my wheels are clearcoated or not... but im gunna wet sand the hell out of them soon... and wanted to polish them.... should i put clearcoat on them before i polish them? Or polish then clear coat? Or how should i go about that.....

I dont want my rims to rust or get messed up with road salt this winter... so any advice on that?

Here is what my wheels look like.... pretty banged up and pitted.... difinitely gunna take some time fixin them up.... Thanks in advance~

-Corey

Here is the wheel.