~DIY Tan-to-Black Interior Swap !

JayVee

2Dr Banger
I've yet to see a constructive Thread on what parts are needed +Photos , thus I bring this collective of parts needed & photos . I'm slowly building this thread , and I'll continue to build it through part names until it's finished I'll compile all names + photos on this entry post . All photo's are online found and I don't own the title to any photos (if you own them please PM me and I"ll gladly delete them) Hope it helps you guys out !

Parts Needed for swap:

~Black Cloth/Leather Seats

~Black Seat Belts

~Black Seat Belt Covers

~Black Carpet

~Black Door Sill Trims

~Black Trunk & Gas Levers

~Black Cloth/Leather Door Panels

~Black Rear Speaker Covers

~Black Kick Panels

~Black Dash

~Black Glove Box

~Black Lower Steering Column

~Black Steering Column

~Black Passenger Air Bag or Air Bag Delete Tray

~Black Center Console

~Black Arm Rest or Arm Rest Delete

~Black Hand Brake

EDIT: (STILL REVISING+ADDING PHOTOS/PART NAMES. IF YOU CAN HELPE PLEASE ADD AND I'LL UPDATE)

Last edited:

JayVee

2Dr Banger
What's your take on the grey or tan top and window pieces?
I'm still trying to figure which pieces are needed 4dr and 2dr are different setup's I'm hoping to knock the 4dr version out first due to me having one then finish off the 2dr version of parts needed .

jelizondo_20

Sounds good. I have a 4dr that I want to make all black

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
i have a 4 door that i want all tan. sooo someone should take this interior off my hands. maybe some money would help convince me.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
i have a 4 door that i want all tan. sooo someone should take this interior off my hands. maybe some money would help convince me.
How much money? I can provide the front part at last, lol.

Good write up.

TheCrimsonStar

I'm changing mine from tan to black as well. I have the dash, lower steering column, trim, glovebox and one door panel so far lol. You're also forgetting the trim that goes over the carpet in the door jamb.

Sent from my Tonka Truck using Tapatalk 2

JayVee

2Dr Banger
You're also forgetting the trim that goes over the carpet in the door jamb.

Sent from my Tonka Truck using Tapatalk 2
Yeah , I just couldn't find the photo of them last night lol . Still gonna update it once I'm home .

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the air bag delete, clock delete and arm rest delete are all optional japanese/canadian spec parts. IMO this isnt a DIY more of a "what you need to get list"

JayVee

2Dr Banger
IMO this isnt a DIY more of a "what you need to get list"
Agreed . That should have been the main title , but it is a DIY'er when installing . I was aiming at the parts needed to DIY .

EDIT:Updated photos , please add more info if i'm missing anything thanks !

Last edited:

JayVee

2Dr Banger
ve yet to see a constructive Thread on what parts are needed +Photos , thus I bring this collective of parts needed & photos . I'm slowly building this thread , and I'll continue to build it through part names until it's finished I'll compile all names + photos on this entry post . All photo's are online found and I don't own the title to any photos (if you own them please PM me and I"ll gladly delete them) Hope it helps you guys out !
Can you explain why you're repeating me ?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

averagewonder

nice work so far. I guess im not the only one who hates the tan interior. I would love all black in the process of looking for parts so i can start swaping out once my engine is finished. Anybody been able to find any black headliners any where?

JayVee

2Dr Banger
nice work so far. I guess im not the only one who hates the tan interior. I would love all black in the process of looking for parts so i can start swaping out once my engine is finished. Anybody been able to find any black headliners any where?
My local junkyards get Soo many black leather 2drs and rarely 4drs-_- saw a Complete 4dr tab tho was tempted but I'm still building my pre-98 tan swap . Got an armrest today just need door panels and leather fronts 1/2 done stoaked !lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2