Electrical cluster**** help

NewTegLover

Fuel pump primes. I took out all the plugs to check. It's the dizzy I don't know why but no spark. Thus my question can that kill a dizzy?

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
well given the degree that stuff fried electrically I cannot say I am completely suprised that the ignition components in the Distributor fried as well.

and yes a horrible short in the ignition system (that caused a fire) can definitely kill the internal parts of a distributor.

NewTegLover

Well I ordering an oem distributor and hoping that there is no shorts in the wires anywhere else on the car. I figured out yesterday why exactly the speedometer needle melted off as I sat in my chair and drank a beer (who ever said alcohol is destructive?). So what happened was the ground was shorting to the transmission because it was the ground to the battery which also connects to the transmission that was failing. The only way for the energy was to escape was through heating up the speedometer needle which feeds directly into the back of the speedometer needle. Crazy that all that would happen so far away from the short which was in the engine bay on the opposite side of the car. Thanks for your time everyone I will keep you posted to let you know if that solves the issue.