Engine Boggs slow acceleration?

uso_Dc

So you think it may be the MAP sensor too? I'm also hearing that I should maybe switch out the PCV valve. I have no idea what it does. To replace the MAP sensor I'm looking at 70$ (And that's from AutoZone)
shouldnt that make the cel go on?

IsAlwaysBroken

All Stock
Why did the car sit for two years before you bought the car? It seems to me that most likely this was a same problem that the previous owner had as well. It must have been a quite an expensive problem to fix thus he did not fix it and pass it along. Now you are stuck with it. Sound like a story I heard so often with automatic car.
First, you mentioned that this is an auto. A 95 ls auto most likely has not had the trans fluid changed. Your transmission may be the culprit. Hopefully it is just a fluid issue. I would definitely also include this into my tune up as others have advised. When you change the fluid make sure you use honda recommended trans fluid, and I would flush it with honda trans fluid as well before settling for the final fluid .
Does your car rev at high RPM before settling into a speed that you want. Like going up hill for example, does it go into high rpm before it finally catches. I would consider the maf/map. However when the map is defective or unplugged for some reasons the check engine light is activated by the ECU. You can try this right now and the engine light should turn on. The fuel filter check up along with plugs and wires and air filter is a must. You have to do this regardless.
I have a 94 LS auto and had pretty much a similar problem. I did the plugs,wires/cap, rotor and air filter and the car improves but not as much then I also changed the trans fluid . My magnetic trans plug was full of metal shaving and the oil was very black/burnt not the nice cherry red fluid that it should be. The car is very sound at this time. Good luck I hope you it it fixed.
Car sat because it was wrecked on the right front, guy bought it with the intentions of making it a 5-speed. He never started the project so he fixed the cars front end and put it up for sale.

It does rev up before it'll kick over a gear and speed up so I'll try the MAP sensor, the trans was LOW on fluid when I bought the car so it's going to be getting checked/flushed as soon as it can.

I do NOT have any check engine or service engine soon lights on, the lights do work because they come on when you cycle through the post during ignition.

Car does burn oil so I wouldn't be surprised if the spark plugs were somewhat dirty.

I DID add a can of Seafoam to the Gas last night so we'll see if that helps in any way.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
check the timing and check for a clogged cat

94_LS

def. get a full tune up.. if it really sat for 2 years your lucky that bitch even started, cause i have a friend that got a mid 90's Lexus that sat for a year and didn't even start. so he did a full tune up and its runs descent now..

IsAlwaysBroken

All Stock
Looks as though it's got to be an air fuel ratio or something. I came back from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC and I filled the tank completely before I left Charleston and I blew an ENTIRE tank of gas going back home trip meter said 212 Miles.. now to me that sounds out right HORRIBLE!!!! I had to put the car in passing gear ALOT just to get this car to go up a hill!

If I'm on a flat surface I keep the RPM around 3000 and as soon as I hit a hill the speed decreases and my foot is still in the same spot on the pedal I'm not giving it more or less. But as soon as it hits a hill it starts to fall back in speed and I have to stuff it into passing gear just to get it up the hill.

With the new info maybe someone may know how to solve this!!