Engine Shaking... HELP

BigRob176

ok so i met someone today who had the same RPM issue, there car wouldnt go passed 25000 RPM and when i reached 2500 RPM it would jump back n fourth. He fixed his issue by replacing his CAM SENSOR. Now the car he has is a PT cruiser but it was the same problem so i thought id look into it! maybe i missed it while lookin at my service manual but i didnt notice anything about a cam sensor for my B18A1.....
suggestions????!

please n thankyou

Prozon

Kris
PT Cruisers have a completely different engine, and the cam sensor on them can cause a whole lot of problems. Even if it's torqued wrong it can screw things up. I don't believe you have a cam sensor at all. As for your friend, the PT Cruiser went into "Limp Home Mode" basically it won't let you rev high until you fix the problem it has. I don't believe Integras have this feature.

Is your car an automatic? You mentioned it shifting kind of weird right? If it is auto I think the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) might be faulty.

BigRob176

Yea I know the engines are different, I just didn't know if the b18 had one.(still learning). It is an auto but it shifts smooth as fuck, (not sayin that couldnt be the problem). the car will rev/drive up to 3RPM and then start doing its jump dance, but my speed does still increase slowly. Once it shifts the jump dance stops untill i get to 3RPM again

Prozon

Kris
If it shifts smooth I doubt the VSS is the issue. By the way the "3" on the tach, is x1000. So your really at 3,000 RPM's when it says 3. Just so you know for future reference.

Let me repeat some stuff just to make sure I have it down.

The car will drive, when the tach gets up to 3,000 RPM's, the car shakes.. it shifts and smooths out again, until the car gets up to 3,000 again.. in which case it shakes again.

So not only does the car shake, but it has trouble getting past 3,000 RPM's?

BigRob176

If it shifts smooth I doubt the VSS is the issue. By the way the "3" on the tach, is x1000. So your really at 3,000 RPM's when it says 3. Just so you know for future reference.
LMAO no shit?
thnx for the heads up though
Let me repeat some stuff just to make sure I have it down.

The car will drive, when the tach gets up to 3,000 RPM's, the car shakes.. it shifts and smooths out again, until the car gets up to 3,000 again.. in which case it shakes again.

So not only does the car shake, but it has trouble getting past 3,000 RPM's?
^^Yea thats about right. Shakes on cold starts, doesnt shake while driving though. Only when reaching 3,000 RPM

Prozon

Kris
I just thought I'd say so, I've never heard ANYONE else refer to it like that. "3RPM" lol.

I'd say bad motor mount. Wiggle the engine and look at them and see which ones bad. I'll be the rear motor mount.