Exhaust heat shields?

ssbp dc2

i have a rattle when my car is at a certain RPM and read that it might be my exhaust heat shield. i thought i would try to take them out. what would be the easiest way to get to them and take them out?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I just lowered the exhaust off the hangers so you can move it to the side and get to them easily.

j13

Keep It Clean
I had this same problem...it went away...weird

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
yessir, does this make a difference?
The rattling happens starting around 3000 RPM right? It's coming from the exhaust manifold heatshield. That rattling sound is common among GS-R models that still have the stock header.

ssbp dc2

The rattling happens starting around 3000 RPM right? It's coming from the exhaust manifold heatshield. That rattling sound is common among GS-R models that still have the stock header.
damn son you hit the nail right on the head haha. ill try that first thanks bro:thumbs up

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I still had the rattle even after installing an aftermarket header and removing the heatshield so I just removed every one of them and it went away lol.

There are a few under body above the exhaust. Perhaps 3? I can't remember

speedin

The Transporter
When mine was rattling it was the cat heat shield. I pulled it off and after that the cat made a nice shifter/ebrake warmer in the winter, LOL.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I pulled it off and after that the cat made a nice shifter/ebrake warmer in the winter, LOL.
I noticed that too. In the winter, you could hold your hand over the e-brake where the gap is and have your own personal hand warmer :lol: