First Car

G3RRY10

thatintegraguy
Hello, I just bought my first car and it is a 2000 integra and I'm very excited to get going! I was wondering if you anybody had any tips, tricks and/or hints to living with an integra. Thank you!

Nick_C78

Tune up and basic maintenance. Start off with oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission fluid, radiator flush, spark plugs, spark plug wires and distributor cap and rotor.

After that checks out, replace any leaky gaskets, timing belt, water pump, and tensioner. The gaskets can be changed earlier if major, if its a dribble it can wait until everything else is solid. No sense in taking stuff apart if the motors a dud.

Then you can work on suspension issues like shocks, springs, and bushings. Can also include wheel bearings and tie rods.

Basically, you want to replace worn out items before trying to add performance mods. Don't make the mistake of modifying a turd.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Ive never had any issue with mine. put a napkin or paper towel under the cup holders, they tend to stain with little rings where your cup or can sits. Thats the only gripe i have from daily driving the car.

Add layers of security. They are popular cars to steal.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The first trick to living with it is not getting it stolen.

renarudo

The first trick to living with it is not getting it stolen.
^^This 2X^^^ Otherwise basic maintenance, our cars can easily last 300k mi with proper care. The paint on the other hand will need a touch up if you don't garage and wax your car with some regularity.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Viper alarms, or you can make your own kill switch if you know how.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Nick_C78

Layers. Youll want various layers of security. Alarm is just 1 of them. Other options are clubs, kill switches, gps tracking, buying a Yugo. That sort of stuff

G3RRY10

thatintegraguy
Layers. Youll want various layers of security. Alarm is just 1 of them. Other options are clubs, kill switches, gps tracking, buying a Yugo. That sort of stuff
I see, as I said this is my first car so I'm not very familiar with all this stuff but thank you for your help!

94RS

No fucks given.

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

I see, as I said this is my first car so I'm not very familiar with all this stuff but thank you for your help!

Any automotive stereo shop should be able to do the alarm and a kill switch for you.