Fog light switch color

TheSkygun

Alright, I have browsed around google with different searches and have not had luck with my goal/question.

Has anyone heard or seen a DIY on how to change the bulbs inside the Usdm fog switch. The color doesn't bug me but doesn't really go with any other lights in my car since all my interior lights are blue.

R13

The other asshole
Probably want a 4mm or 3mm for that.

Those don't screw out like the one's in the cruise control button do they?

TheSkygun

No, they are tiny and are held in by solder, and seem to be the only way is to solder new on. But idk if that will work or smart

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
well your switch isnt oem.,if it looks like that, im sure there a film under thw switch that make the color. the bulbs are white, o if you change the bulb, or take of the top button to switch the film than you can pick whatever color you want.

TheSkygun

Did not think about if there was a film, one of the lights are out so I thought just replace the bulbs but ill take a look for the film. And they are not oem, but I like it

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
doesnt really matter that its not a oem button. only thing is diffrent is location of bulbs for switch. what does your bulb look like that out? im sure like stated above its either a 3MM or 4MM bulb

Nick_C78

Go figure. I didn't even know the switch had bulbs lol. Sorry the set is giving you issues bro. Like I said I bout it and stored it, never installed anything.

TheSkygun

I'll find out once I'm home but I'm going with 3mm but if there is a film I'll get the white 3mm led and color the film

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
im asuming theres a film, there in on the aftermarket one i opened..(looks like the film on our climate control buttons) but becareful when opening the cover, it can brake very easy! i have spare amber leds if you want to try and it out b4 you buy bulbs.. i think they are 4mm and 3mm.

R13

The other asshole
lol, Like I did when I forgot Cole's instructions on removing the defrost button, Luckily the clip glued back on!

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
^^ thats happened to me b4! and where the heater cord goes under the climate control... plasric breaks to easily! PM me your adress, ill send them out to you.. i have a sandwhich bag full of them.. lol

XjoEnX

Can you take the switch apart aside from what's shown in the pics? If you can then soldering a new LED in there should be cake.