Four door racing harness

DB8_Aaron

Was wondering if any body had any info on how to install racing harness's into a four door integra. I assume i would take the back seats out but than what? any help?!

94RS

No fucks given.
Are you actually tracking your car or just living out your FnF fantasies?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
You should have a cage or harness bar, ideally a cage, before mounting the harness or it can cause major issues on impact with your spine. If you don't track your car, I would stick with OEM three-point belt and leave the OEM wheel with airbag. Deleting any of the OEM safety features can compromise the overall safety of the car in a collision. The way the three-point belt works with the airbag isn't achievable with a harness, unless you get the Scroth four-point with ASM...

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
They do make harness bars.

They are designed to be bolted to the floor behind the 2 front seats and make harnesses usable without a full cage.

Though I do not see the point of having a harness in street applications.

More things to do before you get in and drive on a daily basis is quite bothersome.

I miss automatic belts. Those were the shit.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Harness will snap your neck if you get in an accident. You really shouldn't use them on the street unless it's dot approved ie schroth asm, or Takata drift

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
OP, get a harness bar, if you plan on using harnesses. Its not safe to attach them to the rear floor

Im old enough to live where SRS never exsisted. So, my car is just living my childhood memories :D

They do make harness bars.

They are designed to be bolted to the floor behind the 2 front seats and make harnesses usable without a full cage.

Though I do not see the point of having a harness in street applications.

More things to do before you get in and drive on a daily basis is quite bothersome.

I miss automatic belts. Those were the s***.
i hated the automatic belts. always choked you, before it went into position. But then, i always detached it, before turning off the car. So it wouldnt strangle me when i started the car.

Agreed, harnessess are pointless if you doing a 5min drive to mickey d's

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you can mount harness to the floor. you just have to make an X with them. Takata and Schroth say its okay to do so. IIRC America is the only one who requires a harness bar. Having said that the harness should be mounted 10 degrees below your shoulder to prevent spinal injury.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
I had a 4 point harness in my bolted to the rear seats for about a year. The first three months I thought it was badass, after that it got really fucking annoying and I pulled them out and reinstalled my oem seat belt. Much more comfy.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
harnesses suck for driving. When i ran my 3 point with my takatas it was so comfy to just put on the 3 point after a long track day. Ive gotten rashes from my harnesses from long drives it sucks.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Autobelts on my ef are the shit, I mean you could be lazy and not wear your lapbely but a 2000lb paperweight with only a shoulder to hip belt won't save you. Your toying with death.

If you want to disable airbags just buy a car that never came equipped with them like my EF.