full vs half radiator

jbrown97ls

More or less.

This would be an ultimate example of a shroud for intercooler, oil cooler and radiator fabricated by a friend of mine.

I think I could fab up something similar to that. I'm sure it's not completely necessary but with me doing 2-3hr trips regularly it would give me peace of mind

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Sorry to go digging on old post but if I put in a half rad this weekend that's a dual core with a good fan would I be fine to dd it for a week till I build a shroud for the driver side hole? Also any word on the eBay $70 rads?

Nick_C78

Would you be fine for a week during winter? I would say so. Make sure you get a bolt on fan or make brackets for the fan to bolt up. Don't use those zip ties that go through the radiator fins. It will run a hole in your radiator in no time. As me how I know.

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
I run a Blackworks dual core half radiator, a 12" slim fan, and an external transmission oil cooler with a built-in 8" slim fan (automatic).
Took a two hour road trip a few months ago traveling with 50+ cars at speeds up to 120-mph and never overheated. Drove it similarly on the way back. So, four hours total driving at speeds from 70-120 mph.
I haven't had any issues with this setup at all.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
I run a Blackworks dual core half radiator, a 12" slim fan, and an external transmission oil cooler with a built-in 8" slim fan (automatic).
Took a two hour road trip a few months ago traveling with 50+ cars at speeds up to 120-mph and never overheated. Drove it similarly on the way back. So, four hours total driving at speeds from 70-120 mph.
I haven't had any issues with this setup at all.
Thanks for the info, I didn't want to put $100 into a radiator that will just fry my motor. So the dual core half rads don't have a oil cooler? I'd have to run one separate. Or is that just your personal setup?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
A lot of the aftermarket radiators include the transmission cooler which occupies several rows of the radiator. This model is used for both manual and automatic vehicles as manuals simply don't connect those hoses.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
A lot of the aftermarket radiators include the transmission cooler which occupies several rows of the radiator. This model is used for both manual and automatic vehicles as manuals simply don't connect those hoses.
Ah, makes sense :)