Gonna go BOOSTED!!!!

DownShift96GSR

Alright ya'll, my car is in a coma right now, but will be back on the road in time. I got some cash to go turbo. I'm having a hard time deciding what turbo kit to go with. I'm all for FULL RACE turbo's, but the cash is not that plentiful. I was thinking the GREDDY kit. I've seen a GSR here where I live run 13.3s with this kit, a fuel system, 3" exhaust, race clutch, running somewhere @ 7-9 PSI. Its a real hard decision and I was looking for some input from you guys. I would like to push somewhere around 15 PSI after my car is rebuilt. Internals are gonna be done, fuel, exhaust, and my suspension and cluth will be done aswell. Oh yeah, and I will run a HONDATA chip too.

Todd

token ex-mod
greddy is a great kit, it gives you everything you need with a good base tune.
you can always upgrade on the greddy kit, there's a kid on clubcivic.com that has a boosted sohc hatch that started with the greddy kit, now he runs a 13 flat after he years of tuning and building on the setup.

01cleatus

DownShift96GSR said:
Alright ya'll, my car is in a coma right now, but will be back on the road in time. I got some cash to go turbo. I'm having a hard time deciding what turbo kit to go with. I'm all for FULL RACE turbo's, but the cash is not that plentiful. I was thinking the GREDDY kit. I've seen a GSR here where I live run 13.3s with this kit, a fuel system, 3" exhaust, race clutch, running somewhere @ 7-9 PSI. Its a real hard decision and I was looking for some input from you guys. I would like to push somewhere around 15 PSI after my car is rebuilt. Internals are gonna be done, fuel, exhaust, and my suspension and cluth will be done aswell. Oh yeah, and I will run a HONDATA chip too.
Congrats on havin the flow for a turbo! I envy you bro :worthy: . I am savin money for one also. I though am hoping for a Feb. or March turbp date for me. But that is tight bro.

boostdteg

i didnt buy a kit, i peiced it together or i guess you couild say i wnet "custom" i found it to be cheaper and i could get everythign i wanted. Only place i ran into a slight problem was intercooler piping but ithere wa a website i found that really help once i find it again il give it to you.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
i would not suggest buying a greddy kit. if you want the full race kit, then save up for the full race kit. its that simple. dont cheap out on what you want if you dont have the mulah now, just be patient and wait until you have it

BoostedITR41

<-----greddy kit modified.......full race is not all it is cracked up to be.....I make boost at 1500rpm and around 300whp with a very rich af ratio and minor tuning if you get the kit pick up a hondata and 550-880cc injectors and avoid RC's and you will be ready to make as much power as the motor will handle

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
WOW, here we go....

BoostedITR41 said:
full race is not all it is cracked up to be.....
I'd like to see you state reasons as to why you think that, and give some proof behind them...

BoostedITR41 said:
I make boost at 1500rpm . . .
Anyone with a turbo car makes boost at any rpm, even if its tiny. its not important where you make SOME boost, but the point where you make FULL boost...

BoostedITR41 said:
if you get the kit pick up a hondata and 550-880cc injectors and avoid RC's and you will be ready to make as much power as the motor will handle
Why avoid RCs? and no, your motor will be able to handle more power with better kits than the Greddy, such as the Full Race Kit. its about flow. greddy doesnt really flow, Full Race was designed to flow

BoostedITR41

Eviloliv3 said:
WOW, here we go....

I'd like to see you state reasons as to why you think that, and give some proof behind them...

Anyone with a turbo car makes boost at any rpm, even if its tiny. its not important where you make SOME boost, but the point where you make FULL boost...

Why avoid RCs? and no, your motor will be able to handle more power with better kits than the Greddy, such as the Full Race Kit. its about flow. greddy doesnt really flow, Full Race was designed to flow
full race is bandwagon. you can make just as much power with a log mani if you used a turbo the size of most of the turbos those kits have. and if you would like to get into how they push the T3/T67 like it is great we can talk because again a relible source told me to avoid that turbo because of the exhaust wheel diameter difference and the increase in exhaust wheel fin tip speed

I make full 1.1bar of boost at 3700 and 1bar by about 3400

wrong boost doesn't blow motors HP does any stock block car over 300whp is prone to blow up I don't care what kit you use. power is a direct reaction to heat and cylinder presure not the amount of boost you run or how well it flows. power power power is what blows motors

a very good source used to use RC's in their hot rod cars. a tuner of this certain hot rod car said that RC pintals stick and they blew up a bunch of motors because of that. they switched to precisions and never had a problem after that.

misplacedcivic

BoostedITR41 said:
full race is bandwagon. you can make just as much power with a log mani if you used a turbo the size of most of the turbos those kits have. and if you would like to get into how they push the T3/T67 like it is great we can talk because again a relible source told me to avoid that turbo because of the exhaust wheel diameter difference and the increase in exhaust wheel fin tip speed

I make full 1.1bar of boost at 3700 and 1bar by about 3400

wrong boost doesn't blow motors HP does any stock block car over 300whp is prone to blow up I don't care what kit you use. power is a direct reaction to heat and cylinder presure not the amount of boost you run or how well it flows. power power power is what blows motors

a very good source used to use RC's in their hot rod cars. a tuner of this certain hot rod car said that RC pintals stick and they blew up a bunch of motors because of that. they switched to precisions and never had a problem after that.
i won't bother picking on your typos and lack of punctuation even though it makes your posts more difficult to understand. anyway, it's too much of a 'generality' to say, "a reliable source told me," anybody could say that. state your sources when you're arguing with someone.
another thing, you can't compare imports to hot rods.
one more thing, why in your posts are you always disagreeing and arguing with people?
changing subjects. happy for you downshift about having the $$$ or shall we say $$$$ to boost your GSR. imo Greddy isn't what i'd go for. it seems overpriced for a kit without an intercooler. but whatever you do, keep us posted man :thumbs up

Last edited:

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
BoostedITR41 said:
you can make just as much power with a log mani if you used a turbo the size of most of the turbos those kits have.
no, you cant. the full race manifolds flow many times better than a log style manifold. Full Race even tested it out by creating a log style manifold and using it on the same car, the only difference is the manifold

>>>Test results<<<

they made a video of it if you dont believe me.

also, if you tune the motor correctly to prevent detonation, then your motor will last quite long. Power doesnt kill motors, bad tuning does

Johnny race car front mounts are pretty good for the money, my friend has one on his turbo LS.

Yes, the Full Race kit does require you to use a half style radiator. a del Sol radiator is half the size, but double the thickness. supposedly they cool just the same. i would personally go with a half style radiator from Fluidyne. it cools the same if not better than the regular Integra radiator

BoostedITR41

misplacedcivic said:
i won't bother picking on your typos and lack of punctuation even though it makes your posts more difficult to understand. anyway, it's too much of a 'generality' to say, "a reliable source told me," anybody could say that. state your sources when you're arguing with someone.
another thing, you can't compare imports to hot rods.
one more thing, why in your posts are you always disagreeing and arguing with people?
changing subjects. happy for you downshift about having the $$$ or shall we say $$$$ to boost your GSR. imo Greddy isn't what i'd go for. it seems overpriced for a kit without an intercooler. but whatever you do, keep us posted man :thumbs up

don't want to say his name but it is someone that is well trusted in the industry. How do Hot Rod cars differ from street cars? if the pintal sticks in a hot rod car it will do the same thing in a street car and for you calling me a moron I am talking about hot rod class cars like Kenny Tran, Gardella, etc not some old car.

I argue because people take what they see on the internet as the truth. Full-Race is over rated period. Yes their stuff is nice but you can make just as much if not more power with the Inline Pro manifold. they tested some half assed mani and of course the tubular will out perform it.

Build a kit. I got a good deal on my greddy kit and took it. I also have some stuff I can get rid of that you might need(head gasket, injectors, afc, missing link, FMU) good luck to you man if you ever want a No BS answer just IM me

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
BoostedITR41 said:
don't want to say his name but it is someone that is well trusted in the industry. How do Hot Rod cars differ from street cars? if the pintal sticks in a hot rod car it will do the same thing in a street car and for you calling me a moron I am talking about hot rod class cars like Kenny Tran, Gardella, etc not some old car.

I argue because people take what they see on the internet as the truth. Full-Race is over rated period. Yes their stuff is nice but you can make just as much if not more power with the Inline Pro manifold. they tested some half assed mani and of course the tubular will out perform it.

Build a kit. I got a good deal on my greddy kit and took it. I also have some stuff I can get rid of that you might need(head gasket, injectors, afc, missing link, FMU) good luck to you man if you ever want a No BS answer just IM me
so a custom log wont flow as well as an inline pro why? cause the inline is cast? no

you have yet to show one REAL piece of evidence to why Full Race is over rated? just cause you THINK you can get the same results with a poor flowing style of manifold.

wtf is a pintal stick?