Good News...for me at least

MoJoJoJo

Banned
beats me, but its all good...i'll be satisfied with 300whp

MoJoJoJo

Banned
right now i run low 14s...with a 75shot of nitrous. i'm waiting for this guy on CRSX...he has type s cams, springs, rockers and ti-retainers on his k20a3 (Si motor) he hit 199whp with kpro,rh,...and he's gonna go boost. so i'ma just take off of his setup and go from there...it should break 300 easy with 10psi of boost

a-specDC5

Try Me
MoJoJoJo said:
right now i run low 14s...with a 75shot of nitrous. i'm waiting for this guy on CRSX...he has type s cams, springs, rockers and ti-retainers on his k20a3 (Si motor) he hit 199whp with kpro,rh,...and he's gonna go boost. so i'ma just take off of his setup and go from there...it should break 300 easy with 10psi of boost
you ran low 14s with a 75shot but were you stock? just wondering, what turbo set up you thinkin about??

MoJoJoJo

Banned
a-specDC5 said:
you ran low 14s with a 75shot but were you stock? just wondering, what turbo set up you thinkin about??
ran low 14s with 75wet, short shifter, torque damper,exhaust, rh and slicks...i borroed the rh and slicks from a friend. that was my best time, the rest of the time i ran mid 14s

MoJoJoJo

Banned
i was thinking bout going with a custom turbo, either a GT28RS or a GT30, greddy intercoolor prolly or i'll get a universal one. and kpro of course. hopefully i'll the the numbers i want with just 10psi...and the type s cams. if i still have my nitrous kit, i might run nitrous too..with a small shot...prolly 30shot to help my turbo spool faster. but thats a lil risky.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
MoJoJoJo said:
i was thinking bout going with a custom turbo, either a GT28RS or a GT30, greddy intercoolor prolly or i'll get a universal one. and kpro of course. hopefully i'll the the numbers i want with just 10psi...and the type s cams. if i still have my nitrous kit, i might run nitrous too..with a small shot...prolly 30shot to help my turbo spool faster. but thats a lil risky.
yeah, keep the dc5! anyway if you're worried about prices then maybe you should stay away from the hks or garrett GT series. i just got extrude honed Garrett/HKS GT3037 for my eclipse GSX and it is awesome. i definitely recommend them. it spools so damn fast and will hold over 20 PSI all the to the 7,500 redline. But if you only want 300whp then a variation of the GT30 maybe a little overkill. The disco potato will push 300 and have better response plus its cheaper. My gt3037 pro S extrude honed and and clipped was just over $3K!

MoJoJoJo

Banned
the disco potato is a tq monster...its spools pretty quick too. my friend hits full boost at 3k with the disco potato. ehh i'm gonna out it off for now...got other stuff i gotta take care off. i'ma just start gathering parts and we'll see wat happens

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
all the garrett gt ballistic series are awesome. they spool so fast! they will kick the crap out of the old t3/t4. But my old td05-18g spooled quicker than the ball bearing t3/t4 my buddy has on his sr20det. GT-series rock!

MoJoJoJo

Banned
lol i'ma be busy the next couple nites, slap a greddy kit on my friends civic...gonna be down at auto logic. wanna see wat numbers he puts down...dont think it will be alot, but we'll see. everybody is going boost now.