guy_from_nerks 4dr build thread...the quest for 10's

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Thanks man, it seems to be a lot of peoples favorite thing on the car actually. The funny part is I did it not for attention but because my son loves being in my shop and playing in my car so I wanted to incorporte him into this build somehow, it worked otu well lol

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Alright here's the video that I have for now, sorry the quality is not the best...blame my LG Ally for that lol. Also the metal on metal sound you hear in the beginning is my twin disc chattering, she chatters a ton. Not gonna lie I damn near tore trans off because I thought somthing was wrong, instead I watched youtube videos and talked to a couple people I know with twins and they said theirs sounds identical lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0bX7P4AfbA&feature=g-upl&context=G2e8dc13AUAAAAAAAAAA

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
looking good, sounds just like my friends his going for 9's this year, i swear you guys have almost the same build

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
no but motor is built to similar specs almost, his build start way b4 yours though with a lot off trial and error

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I see, well my build started about 12 years ago with a lot of trial and error as well lol. It started with an 88 EF Hatch and from there, well here I am haha. I look back at the last 3 years and think to myself sometimes "why the hell am I doing this" hahaha

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
he messed up by going to this place that was charging him ridiculous amounts of money with no results, then he finally went in the right direction, his owned this integra rs for like 8 years maybe more more, it went through the rice stage with the huge body kit to being an ITR replica now lol

Kyle

Very nice. I was browsing go autoworks site today at their turbo kits. Kinda playing with the idea of going turbo. Spend $1700-2000 to make 20-30whp with basic NA parts or spend $5000+ to make 75-100whp. I'll be reading your thread a lot, so be prepared for the questions. Might do a simple mild build and get use to drive a boosted car with 250whp or so and then do a more aggressive build a few years later. No point in coming out with 400hp and crash the car. Still learning up and reading about turbo systems and such. Besides, I need to kick Mitch's GSRs ass when it gets running lol

osiris19

Great progress. Loving the valve cover. Seeing the fire coming through the hole in the hood was really cool. Also hearing the sound of the turbo spooling was awesome.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
There is another video that I am waiting for a buddy to load up. Its me drving by him and it litterally sounds like a jet coming by due to the sound of the turbo lol

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
9b]4/13/12:[/b] Dyno tuned my car last night. We was wanting to max pump gas out but ran into a couple issues that limited us on time plus we had spark blowout so we only revved to 8500. I'll let the dyno sheet do the talking, this was 17psi and pump gas