HELP think i have engine problems

integraman123

when i tac it up real high to third gear i hear a simultaneous knocking sound. what could it be??????????????????????????????? PLEASE HELP!!!

integraman123

i havent tried to tac it up in neutral or anything like that(i dont wanna try and make tha sound happen if ya know what i mean) because its my everyday driver but no everytime it happens is when im in third gear and maybe 4th and ill have it reved between 5 and 3/4 and 7 rpm ................ but no i wish i had a v-tec but naw they didnt come out for first gens

patrick4588

Integra God
might be in your tranny if its only in certain gears. try revving in neutal using the throttle cable so you can by right by the engine and listen

8689tegs

Are you going beyond redline?

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you're just running up the rpms- or are you shifting it at high rpms?

If you're just running up the engine I'd say it's rod knock and it should do it in any gear you're in...but I don't suggest you keep doing it. Old engine.

If you're shifting at high rpms and getting a noise I'd say it's synchros also.

What's the year and mileage of your Teg? I've had three engines of the 88-89 type that have thrown rods. I bought the tegs that way. One from an oil pump failure (#4 cyl) and two from their owners beating the crap out the engine (#2 cyl).

If it were me, I'd pull the oil pan off and doing clearance check on the rods with plastigage. Depending which (if any) are out of spec will be an indication of oil pump failing or not without having to pull the T-belt and pump to check the gears.

Hope this helps.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
is it possible that you are just tapping out? what RPMs does it occour? i think its either rod knock or trannt

integraman123

is it possible that you are just tapping out? what RPMs does it occour? i think its either rod knock or trannt
well my redline is like 7 1/2 or 8 thousand ,and it usually happens at about 6 or 6 1/2 thousand when im in third gear ,i havent hear it happen in second...yet(i havent really got up to 6 1/2 rpm in fourth or fith since it started happening there are too many cops where i live and ive gottn like 3 tickets in the past month and 1 1/2) i rarely get on the highway ,and im not really trying to entice the noise haha whatever it is. ........but THANKS EVERYONE !! for there input yall have really been helpfull so far ,but id like to get know what it is so keep it coming ...thanks.