Help with headlights (delayed turning on in the cold)

bkirshr

User that is Registered
yeah, there are 2 10A fuses under the dash (i checked those first) and then the relay is under the hood in the fuse box. but I probably will replace those as well

cody1018

I would think change the fuses and the relays out on the headlights to see if it changes anything. Start with the small things first.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
I would think change the fuses and the relays out on the headlights to see if it changes anything. Start with the small things first.
It's weird that you said that, lol did that yesterday on my lunch break. haha However, I don't think it worked..It wasn't too cold out this morning, but there still was about a 30 second delay. I found a switch locally for $10! so I'll be picking that up here in the next few days and try it out.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
so I changed out the switch for one from a 95 integra. However, it's been pretty warm here the past few days, so I haven't gotten to do a true test of if it works or not. I will keep this thread updated when I find out though!

bkirshr

User that is Registered
so it was pretty chilly out this morning, and I thought it would be a perfect time to check to see if my headlights are still delaying. so I went out, started the car, flipped the switch and...they worked! Turns out the switch was the problem, something on the inside was making them not turn on right away. I tried to take it apart (being an engineer, I do sh*t like that). however, I couldn't get all the way inside, so I'm not sure exactly what the problem was, but it's fixed now! Thanks for the help guys!