How big wheels/tires can I put on 99 gs

tnkynkr18

New to the forum.....1st post.....want to know what's the biggest size wheels/tires I can put on 99 gs without rubbing issues....thanks

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
I rub on my 16's. That's because I'm on 205/55/16 tires lol. What fat tires...

Sent from my phone

randomhobo

automagic user
my 17's rubbed with 205/40/17 tires.

Last edited:

zack11122

Bought my car with 17s on 205/40/17. Worst ride ever and they rubbed when doing a full turn.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

mikehinkle

Lift kit and 33's?
I third this.

I had 17s can't remember what size tires but they were very low profile. And I'm lowered almost 2 inches and didn't rub. IMHO the bigger the tire the more of a chance you will knock a large dent in that rim. Get some 15s I like OEM wheels. Meshies, blades, si's, or some nice diamonds.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Evul9

I third this.

I had 17s can't remember what size tires but they were very low profile. And I'm lowered almost 2 inches and didn't rub. IMHO the bigger the tire the more of a chance you will knock a large dent in that rim. Get some 15s I like OEM wheels. Meshies, blades, si's, or some nice diamonds.

Exactly my situation, getting blades any day now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

mikehinkle

Yep. Bought my car with som3 motegi 17s. Traded them for meshies with brand new tires and 50$

DC2HOG

B18DC1
Might trade Stock Chrome Blade off 97 GSR for 16" with good tires

Just got my GSR yesterday & I want some 16" rims with 1.5-2" Lip & would be willing to trade if interested

Sengalang

There are many factors that come into play here rim size/tire size/camber/offset etc.
I ran the same setup as above 205/40/17. Although I agree that it was a horrible ride, i never had any rubbing issues and my tires were tucked w/ stock control arms