How Low With These Size Tires

Adosko

Hey guys,

I'm new on the forum. I have a 98 Integra 4 door (had for 8 years), finally looking to do some shocks and struts on it. My tire size is 195/60/14. My question is, with this tire size, how low can I drop it without having rubbing issues? I have the opportunity to buy springs at a cheap price that will lower it 2.5 in the front and a little over 2 in the rear.

Will this be too low for the tire size, and will I have tire wear issues with dropping this low? I also could buy a set that drops about 1.5 inches...

Thanks for the help!

R13

The other asshole
195/60/15s here. Tucked the front tire a little. problem for me wasn't rubbing, it was my UCA bottoming out on bumps.

Adosko

R13, how much of a drop do you have?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

R13

The other asshole
I have coilover sleeves so I don't know exactly but probably a 3" - 3.5" drop from stock height, you'll be fine with a 2.5".

itzrivera

Are you buying shocks too or using the oem? Cause if you keep the oem, then you'll probably rub when they blow up lol

Adosko

Nah I'm buying struts too. I decided I didn't want too big of a drop since I am getting a lip on the front as well, and its gonna be my DD. So I went with tanabe Gf210's. Bout a 1.5 inch drop.

I dunno if its because the 4 doors weigh more or what, but my car right now only has about a 3-3.5 finger gap...I wanna close it to a 1-2 finger gap.

94RS

No fucks given.
Those are the springs I have on my car along with Koni STR.T struts.

Front wheel gap

Adosko

Got the tanabe gf210s installed. I think the drop is perfect. Not too much. Just closed the wheel gap and made it more aggressive.

Next up...type r lip, mud guards, polished headlights, yellow inner headlight tint, license plate removal, plastidipped bronze rims, and a rear visor...:cool:

Then next month... GSR swap!!!