how to remove access oil from inside ls head

JDMUK

Ok so Irecently just took off my 98 spec ls head and there is access oil left even after draining the oil out
How do iclean those out can I just hot water boil the whole head and softly scrub away any residue or any ideas

Also want to know how to diy port and polish and for the piston rings can I just scrub away any corrosions

Thanks honda lovers

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Have you done any research on how to correctly port and polish?
No? OK, then just get a die grinder and hog out the ports.

To remove the excess oil just hose it out with some water and dish soap after your done making your head flow worse.

And for the piston rings you're going to want to get a ball hone and a ring filer.
Good luck!

JDMUK

I've done research but none came up about how to remove the access oil and Ilearned how to diy p&p
But do I really wash it out with water and soap cause some buddies said that will fuck up my flow
Need real answers

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You need a flow bench to make sure your head is flowing right...a port and polish can fuck that up. you can clean it with a hot tank.

JDMUK

Can anybody tell/teach me what materials Ineed and how to hot tank Ijust want a diy hot tank head and block

Nick_C78

Oh for fucks sakes. You have no idea what you are doing bro. Seriously, you are biting off more than you can chew. If you don't know how to get oil cleaned up, you have no business porting your head. Break out your wallet, take your head to a good machine shop and tell them you want them to hot tank your head, port it, reseat the valves, check valve guides and replace as needed and replace your valve seals. Then you need to figure out what cams you are going to use so you know what valve springs you need to run.... got your note pad out yet? Do more research man. The reason we are being such dicks, is because every day people ask us stupid questions. They also expect us to hold their hand and tell them how to build a good motor, and then they tell us their budget is $50. Oh and it is always something they have planned for "summer".

JDMUK

Oh for f***s sakes. You have no idea what you are doing bro. Seriously, you are biting off more than you can chew. If you don't know how to get oil cleaned up, you have no business porting your head. Break out your wallet, take your head to a good machine shop and tell them you want them to hot tank your head, port it, reseat the valves, check valve guides and replace as needed and replace your valve seals. Then you need to figure out what cams you are going to use so you know what valve springs you need to run.... got your note pad out yet? Do more research man. The reason we are being such dicks, is because every day people ask us stupid questions. They also expect us to hold their hand and tell them how to build a good motor, and then they tell us their budget is $50. Oh and it is always something they have planned for "summer".
Damn dude........no hate but shit at least some mother fuckers like us want to learn and shit
Teacher like you probably can't even teach how to tie a shoe atleast noobs like me have the fucking guts to ask "pros" like you for help

JDMUK

If you can't even stand the fact of dumb mother fuckers like me asking you for help then don't even bother to read this shit then makes you some integra lover

Nick_C78

Lol. Oh I can stand it. In fact Muckman and I are probably the 2 people who usually give the most detailed advice to people on these topics. Just some things can be answered with simply googling your question...or at the very least searching this very forum and read through all the advice that we have already given people. It just shows that you were lazy and didn't bother searching too hard to find the answer you needed. That is what gets on my nerves. People who are lazy and want shit spoon fed to them because they don't want to take the time to search for it. Instead they want us to take the time to explain every little detail. I don't mind teaching people and giving advice...but at least show us you made a damn attempt to find the answer. You came in here basically saying you don't know much about motors, but you want to try porting your head. Porting properly is an artform and take years of practice and knowledge. You are most likely going to ruin your head and be out more money than you would be by just having a professional do it in the first place.

I commend you for wanting to learn. We all had to start somewhere. But don't expect me to want to help you, if you haven't first made an effort to help yourself. That is just my opinion. Get mad at me if you want, say I am a dick and dont want to help people learn, but you obviously didn't look any of this shit up yourself before posting your questions on here.

JDMUK

I never said I was mad Iknow where your coming from everybody here has there own thig but has it ever cross y ur mind to just say omfg and keep it to your self idk you but Irespect you cause of your knowledge and it doesn't mean that Icome in here asking these "dumb" questions mean that Iwas too lazy to even research you don't even know how much research I do its 12 here in mn and I'm still trying to figure this out emphasize before your blurt
And thank you

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
You should type with some semblance of proper grammar.

People would be more likely to help you if you'd do that.

Oh and if you used Google/Bing/Yahoo!/etc.