I NEED a roof rack for my 92

sylvaner01

Hey guys.
I know there has been heaps of haters out there claiming people only use roof racks for looks.. well I actually need one so I can transport my kayak.
It fits in my car but is a pain because I get sand all over my seats and every time I put it in I cant have any passengers and I have to move my sub.

Can anybody give me an idea of what kind of racks to buy and the kind of price I would be looking at.
The kayak is 2.4M long.. not sure what that is in inches for "yall" but anyway..

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Only suggestion I have is Thule and Yakima. Maybe somebody has one for sale since they blew up for a while. Good luck. There shouldn't be any "haters" at least you will actually use yours for something other than a sticker holder.

SnowD

Honda cars of Plano sales
That would look fucking stupid IMO
^^Not unless it was really needed....But OP unless you kayak every single day, You'd still be buying the rack for looks admit it or not, If you TRULY want it for kayaking then you know a rack isn't going to do jack squat. Just buy the cheap inflatable roof racks, They're cheaper and i have them on my truck and i transport my kayaks to and from the lake no problem. They just close up on the door..Keep in mind i have an 07 trailblazer and to get to my special lake spot i have to do some off roading and it doesn't go anywhere.. Good luck!

Last edited:

sylvaner01

SnowD, thanks for answering my question, the roof racks were not going to be permanent so the alternative you offered me is perfect.
I am not buying the racks for looks.. cant believe how much criticism they are recieving, I just stated I wanted to transport my kayak without wrecking the interior of my car and moving my sub around ect.
thanks everybody for the help, cheers SnowD again =D

lol @ Ominous G2's post XD good work

Last edited:

sylvaner01

this.. i do believe google will help you as much as anyone else here. it's been covered elsewhere. good luck!
No offence.. but that was a bullshit post. this topic was ended and you brought it up again just to tell me to google it and to search for it...
If your looking to raise your post count dont bring up old threads that have finished with pointless posts.