I need piston,rods, and cams. Type R turbo.

wannabejdm

I need piston,rods, and cams.

Ok well i have a 2001 turbo type R witha gsr swap with a type r head and internal. I said in my newbie forum ill take some nice pictures when there is a nice day in new jersey. Well i want to buy pistons rods and cams. I dont have alot of moeny but i dont really want to do it to cheap i want to lower my compression so i can run more boost. I have a turbonetics t3/t4 garret turbo with a front mount of course. Any ideas on these things that are kinda cheap but not to cheap where im gunna blow my motor?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
How did a GSR block end up in your Type R? I'd think if the person who could afford a Type R AND to boost it could spend the little extra bank for a Type R block instead of settling for a GSR block. I'm assuming somrthing bad happened to the origional R block, no? Confusing...

MoJoJoJo

Banned
good point tegsox, i thought bout that when he said he didnt have alot of money... i was like what...you got a 01 ITR that is boost...and you dont have lot of money? you gotta be shitting me. but yea not accussing you of BSing, i'm just sayin its a lil odd

wannabejdm

Well actully im still in school so i have to make this fast. Its nice here in new jersey so im gunna take some out side pictures of my car today. And yeah the guy put a gsr block in it i didnt lol idk why?!?! but he what ever.

Back to the subject tho,
i want je pistons
I dont know really what kinda of rods yet
skunk 2 cams as well

Are these parts good or is there better ones around the same price.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Why have you picked je? because their je? why are you picking Skunk2 cams? because their Skunk2? I think you have a lot of learning to do before changing anything in your engine. Are you aware that their are cams made speciallly for turbo'd engines? You want high lift, short duration and low overlap for a boosted engine. This is an extremely expensive game you've entered into, price should be a secondary worry, buying the right part for your particular engine package and HP goals is first and foremost. I think your in way over your head. I'd leave well enough alone for now, your car is running ok right now, right? Learn about what your getting yourself into first and then you can come on here and tell US how its done! 8)

wannabejdm

Well i kinda want to get them b/c im on high compresson and i want to get my car ready before i drive so i was asking you guys what would be best. So far from people ive heard je pistons are pretty nice and then skunk 2 cams are good b/c they are ment for a turbo car.

DC2_Project

wannabejdm said:
Well i kinda want to get them b/c im on high compresson and i want to get my car ready before i drive so i was asking you guys what would be best. So far from people ive heard je pistons are pretty nice and then skunk 2 cams are good b/c they are ment for a turbo car.
skunk dosent have just turbo cams, they have stage 1,2,3, and then the turboed so make sure you get the right ones

wannabejdm

Yeah yeah i knew that but i was just saying i owuld get the turbo ones. I have pictures of my car in the newbie section under "im new im new"

MoJoJoJo

Banned
a boosted ITR.....mang....wat more can you ask for... so everything else is stock wannabejdm? the turbo was ur first mod? not talkin bout i/h/e, like your internals. i'm not really good at the real deep inside the engine stuff, but your running boost on stock internals? well the itr can prolly handle it but replacing it isnt a bad idea. ever tried talking to ppl at your local shops? they should be able to give you some input on what you need. dont look at just the brands, look for the specs. of the part ur gettin after that u can choose from the brands

wannabejdm

Well im kinda afraid with type R internals at 11psi. Im a usual at turbo Trix's in new jersey and stage 2 in new jersey as well. They basicly said je pistons will do well by lowering my compresson. And the skunk 2 cams they said are pretty good for turbo cars(the turbo cams). So i was askin if you guys knew what integra's run good with.... Rod i dont know much about i heard my type R rods are pretty safe and i could leave them in with pistons i choose.

wannabejdm

One more quetion, if i buy pistons and cams could i leave my type R rods in there? Ive heard there good but i no you guys would know.