I need piston,rods, and cams. Type R turbo.

Baldy201

How much boost are you planing on running? I would think that the Type R rods will be good for most what ever boost you throw at it. That is if you dont want to spend a lot of money then stick with the Type R rods. Of course there are stronger rods out there, but for 11 psi it will be fine.

DownShift96GSR

You want a good low 9:1 compression or you can match the Skyline and EVO8 compression and do 8.8:1 compression. WISECO or ARIAS pistons are good. SKUNK2 turbo cams are the way I would go. As far as your rods go, I would upgrade those since your doing everything else and wanting to run high boost. I personally would go with either EAGLE or CROWER rods. Since your upgrading your cams, you might also want to upgrade those valves, springs and retainers. SKUNK2 would be choice if you go with the SKUNK2 turbo cams. I'm not saying SKUNK2 has the best valvetrain for a turbo'd motor. I'm sure there are other companies out there that are just as good.

Basically, do a lot of research before you build. I see that your only 16 so I'm guessing that you have only really been into the import seen for no more than a year, don't quote me I'm just guessing. But if you have anymore questions, let us know. Also, shoot over to honda-tech.com for more information.

Last edited:

wannabejdm

ok well so far, Im looking to get J.E. Piston's. There about 500 dollars for the 4 of them. Then im gunna buy Type R Rods. And then get skunk 2 Cams valves and springs.

I want to be higher then 15 lbs. Im a 280 to the wheels now you guys know wut i would be with these parts and about 15lbs of boost?

DownShift96GSR

wannabejdm said:
ok well so far, Im looking to get J.E. Piston's. There about 500 dollars for the 4 of them. Then im gunna buy Type R Rods. And then get skunk 2 Cams valves and springs.

I want to be higher then 15 lbs. Im a 280 to the wheels now you guys know wut i would be with these parts and about 15lbs of boost?
Its hard to say how much power will be putting down at 15psi, it really depends on how is system is set-up. You also would want to upgrade that fuel system of yours too. Fuel rail, PR, fuel pump, injectors. Then you want to get your ECU upgraded by HONDATA (that's my choice, not necessarily yours).

I personally wouldn't go with Type R rods if you're gonna push over 15 psi. I'm not saying that you can't use them but its better safe than sorry, you know what I mean?

DownShift96GSR

What about a fuel pump and FPR? But seriously, you can have all the parts in the world, but if you don't have a good ECU to make it all work together properly for max performance, it worthless.

95teg

i heard honda fuel rails can hold well over 500 hp? maybe more.. is that wrong, becz i read it on here somewhere

DownShift96GSR

wannabejdm said:
hondata i have..i dont mess around
Good job, kid.

I'm not positive but I heard that the factory fuel system can support up to 300HP and that the ignition system can support up to 600HP, I'm not too sure but I think that's what I read. I read it on a thread here too.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
the fuel RAIL can support upwards of 500hp. the stock injectors will top out around 250, plus you dont want to be running your injectors past 85% capacity, so going bigger is a must if you want over 225whp.

not sure how well the stock fuel pump works, but i would replace it with a higher flowing one if i was boosting

you all shouldnt be fixated on any certain amount of boost. 15psi in one turbo is not the same as 15 psi in another. you can make the same amount of power at 20 psi on a medium sized turbo as you would 12 lbs on a big turbo. its all fitting the turbo to your needs. if you want to impress people by telling them how many pounds you run, be my guest.