***insane_one's DC4 Build Thread***

insane_one

insane user
Hello Club Integra, It's me insane_one, back for the 4th time and hopefully the last time. Some of you may remember me some may not. First joined in here on CI with my DC2 which i ended up selling and moving on to other Honda's. Then i came back for a second time with a and a DB8. Bought the DB8 and the next day the motor blew and i tore it down and built it back up. unfortunatly the DB8 did not hold up with the rebuild thanks to the block being incorrectly put together (not by me, by the person i bought the block from). With that again i moved on to other Honda's. Then i came across my DB8 again but this time with an actual GSR motor in it! Very excited to have it but the sad thing was it never rand right so i moved on again. You can say i have been through alot. Owning over 30 different Honda's from EF's to FG2's, from DX's to Si's i have just about been in one, drove one, owned one. Sad thing about that is nothing i have ever owned ever amounted to anything. Out of all the Honda's i have ever owned the car i wish i still had today would be my DC2. Though i know i will never be reunited with my DC2 because the most recent owner totalled it and is currently being parted out. Sad.

But on the bright side, you can say i have grown up and now I know what car I want to have and that car is an Acura Integra. It may not be this specific Integra i am building i will keep forever but 100% sure i wont be buying any other type of Honda (well maybe an S2000) any time soon or for a long time.

With my intro set aside let me introduce you to my latest project, my 1995 Acura Integra Special Edition. Bought her from good friend and i know the motor runs strong so i dont see that being an issue with this car. Came with afew mods already but i plan to do alot more.

Mods
-No name intake w/ K&N cone filter
-DC 4-2-1 headers
-Tanabe G-Power axel back
-Skunk2 coilovers
-6k HiDs

What she looked like when i first got her

wheels were certainly too big for my taste and the design of the wheels were also imo UGLY. Swapped over to some 99-00 Si wheels. Acura caps!

As i was swapping wheels i came across to find i have Skunk2 Coilovers!

Car also came with some wack "racing" pedals...

GONE!

Also thought my exhaust was kinda ricer, turns out its a Tanabe G-Power Medalion. Still... may not keep it. Sounds amazing but looks funky

Some better shots of her in the light. Yes thats rust. eeek

washed her up along with my family car 05 CRV. A Special Edition too

Got a new HU

Got rid of my leaky tailight for one that didnt. Along with new plates and a I <3 My Honda lp frame

not leaky =)

presh!

Picked up a newer style LS valve cover and DC 4-1 headers

Then i ened up trading the DC 4-1 for a RSX Type S axel back

Well thats it for now. +/- comments welcome. more updates to come so stay tuned!

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
hey i remember you! who could forget your sn.. glad to see your back, yet again,haha very nice pick up, glad you swaped out those rims and upgraded to rsx mufffler, so whats your plans for her?

insane_one

insane user
YAY!! some one remebers me! lol. Going to search out to see if anyone else i remember is still here. welp, plans are right now is just to clean her up and get her looking and running straight. motor and suspension shes already perfect but i would like here alot lower. tho these Si wheels arent mine and i dont want to camber them bald when i drop my car soo ya. lol

-short term goal-
+Freshen it up and put my touches to it

-long term goal-
+DONT SELL/TRADE IT!! (unless its for another Integra of better condition)
+BOOST!! LS Turbo!!!

MrGurley

************5-0
well i may not remeber your sn but your teg is pretty clean.

so sn. how is life in alaska, im a upstate NY native, and ive been thinking of moving there as a police officer, just to get away for a few years...

can youshed any light on this, and you can pm me, i dont mean to thread jack

again i like your teg, reminds me of mine when i stripped my bbs' before i sat it down

insane_one

insane user
thanks. no i dont mind being open with how i feel about Alaska, i get it all the time. lol Alaska is great, i have been here most of my life. Ive been to other states like Cali/Nevada/WA/TX and i cant find any reason to move out of here other than the fact that shipping stuff is cheaper. lol. But no its great here. You know what snow is and we get alot of it here. The car scene aswell is pretty decent and diverse imports/domestic/euro. Jobs here are great, if you really want one you can find one easy. not as much taxes up here as lower 48. now about the police here in Alaska, thats another story. i dont like them and they dont like us (car enthusiasts). Our laws up here are no were as strict as cali laws but still. Not very friendly police officers here.

insane_one

insane user
so picked these up today. i think they will go good with my soon to be polished Type-S axel back.

and my winter wheels i dont know what to do with. polish too?

all comments welcome. +positive or -negative

MrGurley

************5-0
thanks. no i dont mind being open with how i feel about Alaska, i get it all the time. lol Alaska is great, i have been here most of my life. Ive been to other states like Cali/Nevada/WA/TX and i cant find any reason to move out of here other than the fact that shipping stuff is cheaper. lol. But no its great here. You know what snow is and we get alot of it here. The car scene aswell is pretty decent and diverse imports/domestic/euro. Jobs here are great, if you really want one you can find one easy. not as much taxes up here as lower 48. now about the police here in Alaska, thats another story. i dont like them and they dont like us (car enthusiasts). Our laws up here are no were as strict as cali laws but still. Not very friendly police officers here.
ahhh ok, thanks for shedding light on that. im a cop, and thats my MO. imma have to look into that for sure, might be what i need to get away for a few years..

insane_one

insane user
didnt work on the DC today but i cleared and cleaned my garage and im set to get to work.

also traded my chopped VC for one that wasnt

Previous owner worked at a Toyota dealership service dept. co workers liked to mess with his car.

gotta clear up this cluttered bay

Now that i've got myself a hand full of goodies i think its time to start working on the car.

TO DO LIST:
[ ]- Polish Type-S axelback
[ ]- Polish Fat Fives
[ ]- Strip VC and prep for paint
[ ]- Cruise Control Delete
[ ]- A/C Delete
[ ]- Light wire tuck/relocate

more stuff too but those are things i want taken care of sometime soon. Ugh polishings gunna be a beetch

stay tuned!

insane_one

insane user
thanks! i know the VC is fail but ill get it taken care of. lol

I also would like to hear some opinions. Tomorrow im going to strip the new VC but not sure what to paint it?
[ ]- Polish
[ ]- Black
[ ]- White
[ ]- Suggestions?

insane_one

insane user
lol any more suggestions?

got some work done today.

from this

to this

ive still got a long way to go but thats progress.