Is my teg ready for a 1/4 mile?

awright3331

G1 TEG
So ive fixed all my leaks, I have brand new hoses and vacuum lines everywhere. my radiators brand new, all my gaskets are fixed, my tires are new and my axles have been aligned.

the only modifications I have are
Vtec fuel injectors(not really a modification just the only thing I could get)
And a spectre cold air intake

I have searched and I know that I need to make sure that its running only water, and am going to do a full fluid flush on everything, make sure my brakes are new, etc.

So what do you guys recommend I check on and make sure that its not going out and all and replace if need be?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you dont need to worry about brakes as much, if you can stop coming off of a freeway you will be fine. Coolant is not a big deal, if your car doesnt overheat it will be fine. iive never had issues on any type of track with 50/50 mix. You will be fine my dude. Just make sure you have a battery tie down and youre good to go.

awright3331

G1 TEG
you dont need to worry about brakes as much, if you can stop coming off of a freeway you will be fine. Coolant is not a big deal, if your car doesnt overheat it will be fine. iive never had issues on any type of track with 50/50 mix. You will be fine my dude. Just make sure you have a battery tie down and youre good to go.
Alrighty. The car never overheats, and I can stop comming off the freeway. Whenever I do do it, ill be sure to run some of that hyperlube super coolant, and ill be sure to have the battery tie down.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
your car will be only running hard for 20 seconds at most. And there will be several different exits to accomodate different cars and speeds, so brakes wont be an issue.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Run low tire pressure, like >20psi. Dry burn out, don't use the water pit. Launch high, like 4,500 rpm

redGSRguy

Make sure you have some money set aside when you start breaking things. :p Good luck!

Spettro

Kimi who?
Coolant is a big deal. If it leaks it can be highly dangerous; antifreeze is much slicker than water and doesn't dry up nearly as quickly. A lot of tracks require you only run water and water wetter for safety reasons. Road racing sanctioning bodies are the same way. It's more of a safety thing than them caring about whether or not your engine stays cool. I know where you were coming from Dylan, just adding this for informational purposes.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Lol, his car has about 120whp at best, I assume. i doubt he'll be in danger of overheating or blowing hoses, lol

Ganyon

Lol I ran my car down the quarter with a locked up rear caliper and hella warped front rotors.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Coolant is a big deal. If it leaks it can be highly dangerous; antifreeze is much slicker than water and doesn't dry up nearly as quickly. A lot of tracks require you only run water and water wetter for safety reasons. Road racing sanctioning bodies are the same way. It's more of a safety thing than them caring about whether or not your engine stays cool. I know where you were coming from Dylan, just adding this for informational purposes.
watter wetter is banned as well from what justin told me.