J Series Swap Debate

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
Ok so as the stories go on late nights sitting at one of our local car meets talking about random things about cars (like most of us do) the question of a J32 swap into a EG hatch came up and now ive seen videos of this swap and mind you its a nasty little swap. ive seen that hasport makes mounts for almost every honda except the DA. i would love to have this swap in my car but nobody makes mounts from what ive seen. anyways what im asking is what do yall think of the J series swaps? are they really that worth it?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
The question "is it worth it" can be a HUGE debate. The worth of the swap all depends on personal opinion imo.

And the da's engine bay is too small. It'd be sticking way out of the hood or banging on the ground.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
i wanna see it done to a DA and if looks good ill do it. they fit in DC's with the hood closed and their about the same size.

JDMasfck

I've seen them in EG's, DC's & EK's around where I live. You either have to sacrifice ground clearance to close the hood or have it sit normal and cut the hood, pick one. It a tough debate. You can pick the swaps up for fairly cheep, but to me it's not worth the sacrifice of ground clearance to shut the hood, and cutting the hood...well looks HOOD.. hahaha

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
I'd like to see it done. Either that or an F series in a DA. and rather than cut the hood and leave it open, just cowl your hood. All you have to do for mounts, would be to cut the mounts out of whatever car you get the motor from and just do a little fabrication. I say go for it.

JDMasfck

I've seen people swap the intake and allow the hood to shut on the dc's but the DA is a whole other story.

Best of luck if you end up doing it.

mr abero

Me personally, I'm not into that motor I seen em on YouTube they're ok, it's hella big! I'd just do like a k series if anything ;) but if your that serious about the power including the sacrafices you gotta make dooooooo ittttttt!!!!!

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
what id really like to do is find a way i could match it up to like a s2000 tranny and make the DA rear wheel drive with the j32 to foot the TQ.....tell me that wouldnt be a badass custom build.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Saw that in an em1 once in a magazine. Its pretty badass. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk