Jay417 DC2 Official Thread

Exige24

Those Hypes you first had on your ride are exactly what I wanted to get on my DA, but couldn't because all they had left when I ordered them were 18" lol I actually ordered them in 17"s paid for them and the guy had to call me back to say all he had left were 18" Had to cancel that crap, disappointed as hell. Went looking around again and my next choice were 16" Konig Britelites. WTF? I must say, you have good taste in rims man. :thumbs up lmao

Last edited:

Jay417

Beast From The East
Those Hypes you first had on your ride are exactly what I wanted to get on my DA, but couldn't because all they had left when I ordered them were 18" lol I actually ordered them in 17"s paid for them and the guy had to call me back to say all he had left were 18" Had to cancel that crap, disappointed as hell. Went looking around again and my next choice were 16" Konig Britelites. WTF? I must say, you have good taste in rims man. :thumbs up lmao
LMAO!!!! My Britelites are 17's i love the way they look. By the way ur teggy is looking sweet. :thumbs up

Jay417

Beast From The East
So i finally got a chance to install the Skunk2 short shifter and Skunk2 Shift knob. Check it out.
Old shifter is GONE.

New Skunk2 Shifter & Shift Knob...Looking good.

Top view

ill install the other goodies once the kids give me a break. :)

Exige24

LMAO!!!! My Britelites are 17's i love the way they look. By the way ur teggy is looking sweet. :thumbs up
Thanks man! Alot of work. They look sick on yours too. You know what my main want for my rims was? That machined metal finish. It makes your car pop without being too flashy like chrome. Those Hypes have that on the outside too. That crap's hard to find though, especially in 4 lug pattern.

BTW did you instal you short shifter yourself? Was it easy? Shop install? How much? One of those are on my wishlist, but then again, alot of things are. lol

Jay417

Beast From The East
Thanks man! Alot of work. They look sick on yours too. You know what my main want for my rims was? That machined metal finish. It makes your car pop without being too flashy like chrome. Those Hypes have that on the outside too. That crap's hard to find though, especially in 4 lug pattern.

BTW did you instal you short shifter yourself? Was it easy? Shop install? How much? One of those are on my wishlist, but then again, alot of things are. lol
Yes my cousin and i did it. Its quite easy, i didnt even remove the exhaust to do it. 4 bolts and the shifter came down. Being the fact that i live in MA and we get alot of snow here (meaning a shit load of salt on the streets) the bolts rust fast so i replace them all and also replaced all the bushings. There is a write up about it here thats how i knew what to do. Next is the Throttle body and Intake manifold. I got alot of stuff on my wish list as well..lol Damn car is a money pit..lol
If u got questions just holla, ill help u as much as i can. :)

Exige24

Yes my cousin and i did it. Its quite easy, i didnt even remove the exhaust to do it. 4 bolts and the shifter came down. Being the fact that i live in MA and we get alot of snow here (meaning a s*** load of salt on the streets) the bolts rust fast so i replace them all and also replaced all the bushings. There is a write up about it here thats how i knew what to do. Next is the Throttle body and Intake manifold. I got alot of stuff on my wish list as well..lol Damn car is a money pit..lol
If u got questions just holla, ill help u as much as i can. :)
I've read a DA how to, and it seemed a little more involved from what I remember. May have to check it out again.

And hell yeah they're a money pit. I swapped an B18 into my girl in 2006 for $1300. She was sitting for a good year or two before that. I looked the other day in my money program on my PC which keeps track of every cent I've spent since 2005 and I've popped over $30,000 into hersince then.
That is including gas, but still. lmao

She's worth it in the end though.

Jay417

Beast From The East
A couple of interior shots, Clean as it should be. :)

AcuraIntegra97

hey man i really like it, its looks really good. I did have a question though, did you roll them. The reason why i asked was because the guy that had my car before me thought it would be cool to just slam it and not worry about the tires and the back ones are so rubbed. I was wanting to ask if you knew the best place to get a fender roller. Thanks for your time man.