Koni yellow? Tokico blue? Tokico illumina? KYB?

rockadilla

thats right.
Yeah I have no experience with any other coilover, but if I had the choice I would probably buy the konis again cuz I'm really happy with them

phatintegra

Banned
if you running any lower spring beyond 1.7" drop. I do not recomend the illumina. I'm on my 2nd set and blew out the 2nd set in less then 5k miles.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Koni Yellow and Tokico Illuminas are both good. The Koni is only adjustable for rebound dampening while the Tokico is adjustable for both compression and rebound.

if you running any lower spring beyond 1.7" drop. I do not recomend the illumina. I'm on my 2nd set and blew out the 2nd set in less then 5k miles.
If you're are only dropped 1.7" on Illuminas and have blown out 2 sets in 5k miles then you do not have thems set up properly at all.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
hey dylan.. on the stiffest setting are illumnias as stiff as yellows?
i honestly cant tell because i only ride the stiffest when i go to the circuit so i cant tell you for sure

as kyle said you must not have set t hem up correctly because ive had mine for over a year at my current height

No one's reppin the kybs? Well I rock the kyb axg, 4 way adjustables. I was debating between the agx and the illuminas. No problems thus far. I've had them for a few years now. People seem to love the koni's though, too expensive for me.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I had kyb h&r sports... the shocks were good, but didnt care for h&r sports, im running koni sp3 and gc with tophats now, such a big difference.. wont buy any other shock.

phatintegra

Banned
Koni Yellow and Tokico Illuminas are both good. The Koni is only adjustable for rebound dampening while the Tokico is adjustable for both compression and rebound.

If you're are only dropped 1.7" on Illuminas and have blown out 2 sets in 5k miles then you do not have thems set up properly at all.
It's Beyond 1.7" drop. Spring is saging had it since 2,000. I give up going with Coilovers in the next few month.

acteg94

i got tokico blues on my teg and they ride awesome.. but also got kyb agx on my civic and it rides almost as decent... id reccommend either of those. (never had koni so no help there)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
It's Beyond 1.7" drop. Spring is saging had it since 2,000. I give up going with Coilovers in the next few month.
It doesn't matter if it's "beyond" 1.7". They would last 5 times that long if they were properly set up. No offense, but if you can't set up a simple Tokico Illumina to last atleast 5k miles, don't expect your coilovers to do much better. Adjustable parts are only worth a damn if they are adjusted properly. Improperly adjusted parts do more harm than good.

Last edited: